kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

On 12/28/2021 at 4:28 PM, CloneWars said:

I once sat by a Disney exec at a test screening. They said something to the extent of the test screening would give them an idea of how to market the film and how much. I feel if tracking ends up low, Marvel will up their game and show some rumored cameos. If tracking is high, everything will be a surprise. I think it will fall somewhere in the middle. We see some big multiverse stuff in the trailers, but lots of big surprises left for the theater.

Speculation:

Hide contents

I really hope we get Chris Evans Human Torch in this.

I hadn't even thought of that potential cameo before, but that would be a lot of fun. Honestly, in some ways, it'd be nice if DS2 was used to honor almost every single Marvel movie of the past (outside of the Spideys) as we move towards a new future with the Fox acquisition. 

2 minutes ago, JonahVex said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

That’s something that has been rumored by the fandom but I haven’t seen any credible sources say that. I think it’s more wishful thinking.

3 hours ago, RiddlerXXR said:

I’ve wanted a proper Black Bolt and Inhumans adaptation since Kevin Feige announced it was coming back in August 2014. Before the X-Men came back. Before that shitty show they relegated it to. Come on Kevin, give me this!

Some people think the Marvel TV shows, and therefore the ABC Inhumans show, are in the MCU canon, so you already got Black Bolt! And he got his ass kicked by a doughnut eating cop in Hawaii to boot.

Studio Official synopsis is out :

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/marvel-reveals-synopsis-doctor-strange-041158258.html

"The door of the multiverse, full of mystery and madness, opens. Now that Iron Man and Captain America have left after a fierce battle in Avengers: Endgame, former genius surgeon and the strongest magician of them all, Doctor Strange, is expected to play an active role as a central figure in the Avengers. However, using his magic to manipulate time and space at will with a forbidden spell that is considered the most dangerous has opened the door to a mysterious madness called “the Multiverse.” To restore a world where everything is changing, Strange seeks help from his ally Wong, the Sorcerer Supreme, and the Avengers’ most powerful Scarlet Witch, Wanda. But a terrible threat looms over humanity and the entire universe that no longer can be done by their power alone. Even more surprising, the greatest threat in the universe looks exactly like Doctor Strange…"

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/marvel-reveals-synopsis-doctor-strange-041158258.html

"The door of the multiverse, full of mystery and madness, opens. Now that Iron Man and Captain America have left after a fierce battle in Avengers: Endgame, former genius surgeon and the strongest magician of them all, Doctor Strange, is expected to play an active role as a central figure in the Avengers. However, using his magic to manipulate time and space at will with a forbidden spell that is considered the most dangerous has opened the door to a mysterious madness called “the Multiverse.” To restore a world where everything is changing, Strange seeks help from his ally Wong, the Sorcerer Supreme, and the Avengers’ most powerful Scarlet Witch, Wanda. But a terrible threat looms over humanity and the entire universe that no longer can be done by their power alone. Even more surprising, the greatest threat in the universe looks exactly like Doctor Strange…"

Wow that is a terrible synopsis. It’s like it’s translated from another language and is needlessly long and rambling.

13 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

This is fun if you read it in an old-timey radio broadcaster voice.

That seems more a write-up of what the content producer saw in the teaser, more than anything.

As someone who works in an international marketing branch for a global movie distributor/producer, we aren't really given anything outside of what the domestic (US) marketing team will be marketing in a given time frame. 

• Like 3

Regardless of whether you agree or not that she deserved more flak for what she did in WandaVision, people generally like her because unlike many other MCU heroes, she

- is not a quip machine

- is actually a fully-fledged dramatic character

Also she

- has good reasons to do what she does

- has cool-looking powers,

- has been around for a while, 

- is important, and

- is hot

Good recipe for popularity right there

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Regardless of whether you agree or not that she deserved more flak for what she did in WandaVision, people generally like her because unlike many other MCU heroes, she

- is not a quip machine

- is actually a fully-fledged dramatic character

Also she

- has good reasons to do what she does

- has cool-looking powers,

- has been around for a while, 

- is important, and

- is hot

Good recipe for popularity right there

And it's really dumb that Marvel is not giving her the spotlight she deserves on big screen. 

I have heard with reshoots they made the movie more DS centric. Which is dumb af. 

Scarlet Witch is the major sell for this movie. I have watched NWH 2 times and both times, she is the one who got major cheers and made people excited for this.