grim22

Wonder Park | Paramount | March 15 2019 | Director fired due to "Inappropriate Conduct"

2 hours ago, TMP said:

Ninja Turtles and the Loud House movie are both going to Netflix 

The animated one is. The next live action reboot will likely be a Paramount/Nickelodeon production.

5 hours ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

So I learned this film is from the creator of Cow & Chicken and I Am Weasel. The budget for this is 100m and Nickledoen is suppose to air a tv series sometime this year from this movie so their banking hard on this movie. 

no way in hell Paramount have managed to spend $100M on this...

This movie recently had the most spending by a studio on ads for a week, from Variety.  It is no surprise that most of the ads were on Nickelodeon, one of the producers of Wonder Park.  Also, there is an Atom Tickets deal being promoted on Amazon, to help parents with kids who may want to see this film, with a "Buy an adult ticket, get a child's ticket free" promotion.  I'm skeptical the promotional efforts will help this film though, as Nickelodeon Movies will probably have better luck next year with Spongebob 3.

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

I might be the only one who saw this doing double digits last week...and this week, I'm confident it's going $15M+...new original animated at a price parents can pay is gonna hit this week...or at least, I hope it will:)...

So even it it's a bad movie you support it?

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm shocked that Paramount spent $100m on it. 

I am betting the costs and delays with finding a new director make up a good deal of that 100 Million.

I think the idea was to make a modestly budgeted animated film that could make a profit by drawing in primarly an audience of kids, but  that seems to have gone out the window and now it has to draw an adult audience as well. of which it has,IMHO zero chance of doing so. You can draw adults to an animated film..Pixar has shown that time and time again...but you need a good product. Wonderpark looks like anything but good.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:46 PM, Jonwo said:

They do have the Nickelodeon characters plus Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles but it's not as rich as IP compared to Warner Bros or Disney. 

Still puzzled that Warners had done so little with it's rich history of Animated films.

40 minutes ago, dudalb said:

So even it it's a bad movie you support it?

It's a movie that's a new concept for parents to sit through willing to cut parents a price deal...win/win for me...

As I said, there's a price where any movie is worth the enjoyment of "sitting through something new at the theater" to me - Wonder Park priced themselves at that (for the record, my sons are getting their 1st 3d movie in years for $5 each on a Saturday night in a semi-major metro...normally, I'd have been out $21/each when I included ticketing fees for this kinda outing...so yeah, I'm in for that kinda deal:)...

I'm pretty much in and support all premier concepts...and I support with my wallet those that look great or those that support me (through a deal)...hopefully, this is both:)...

I hate most remakes (unless the original is so old I can't see it or so bad, I wouldn't see it)...and sequels better deliver something new...that's just my movie-going preferences:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Still puzzled that Warners had done so little with it's rich history of Animated films.

With the WarnerMedia reorganisation, I think they'll be using their existing IP to the max starting with Looney Tunes Cartoons and the Scooby movie next year. 

57 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

It's a movie that's a new concept for parents to sit through willing to cut parents a price deal...win/win for me...

As I said, there's a price where any movie is worth the enjoyment of "sitting through something new at the theater" to me - Wonder Park priced themselves at that (for the record, my sons are getting their 1st 3d movie in years for $5 each on a Saturday night in a semi-major metro...normally, I'd have been out $21/each when I included ticketing fees for this kinda outing...so yeah, I'm in for that kinda deal:)...

I'm pretty much in and support all premier concepts...and I support with my wallet those that look great or those that support me (through a deal)...hopefully, this is both:)...

I hate most remakes (unless the original is so old I can't see it or so bad, I wouldn't see it)...and sequels better deliver something new...that's just my movie-going preferences:)...

Plus, I was also going to say that sometimes it's not about us adults. We may think a certain movie looks terrible but maybe the kids want to see it. I think on a box office forum like this some of us make the mistake of thinking our opinions matter on every single film out there. 

Hell, if I had kids and they really, really wanted to see Norm of the North, I'd take them. It's about them, not me.

• Like 1

so i know the director was fired but this movie supposedly doesn't even have a director credit in it? has that ever happened before? feels like the type of thing you could only get away with in animation (otherwise i'm sure bohemian rhapsody would've been directed by no one too)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

so i know the director was fired but this movie supposedly doesn't even have a director credit in it? has that ever happened before? feels like the type of thing you could only get away with in animation (otherwise i'm sure bohemian rhapsody would've been directed by no one too)

Seems so.

• Like 1