Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend topic: Split: $26.2m (Amazing drop!!!) | ADP: $18.3m | RE: $13.8m | HF: $14m | Gold $3.4m

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Jesus, that Split #. Is 150m possible?

Looks like great holds all around, not too surprising with the Oscar noms and weaker than expected openers.

Yup. He's back. Let's see if it gets to his head again.

Last 2 years (2016-2017), DOM audience has been rejecting sequels, unless they are animated (and they've even rejected some of those).  "World" movies are okay (Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Harry Potter), but just straight sequels are tanking with only a few exceptions.  It's a juxtaposition b/c as sequel performance gets worse domestically, it gets better internationally...

If Split has 40% drops from here on out with a 25M weekend:

Feb 3: 15M

Feb 10: 9M

Feb 17: 5.4M

Feb 24: 3.2M

Mar 3: 1.9M

Mar 10: 1.1M

That brings the total to 112.1M without weekdays. Add in weekdays, and 140M isn't impossible. Of course, I expect it to have much better holds.

Edited by WrathOfHan

45 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

People shouldn't be worried about RE's domestic performance. Even if it opens lower than Underworld, it'll probably have better holds and perform much better overseas. Underworld completely crashed both domestic and overseas. This is the Final Chapter anyway, and it's impressive that we've got this far.

It's still a troubling situation (well, it would be if they wanted to make another sequel). Resident Evil is a big brand and it should be enough to draw more interest than the fifth Underworld entry. They even aligned the OW with the release of the new main entry of the videogames.

But as I said, it's not that big deal considering that the next step is most definitely a reboot closer to the current tone of the games.

Edited by The47th
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, robertman2 said:

Fix that. It's easily the best game imo.

It's also been ported to pretty much every system.

Yeah, I've seen everybody say 4's the best. I've never owned a GameCube, and I never bought the game for PS2 (not sure if avaliable on PC, since at this point, downloading it is my best bet), so I never got the chance (or patience) to try it out. Down the line, probably. But like I said, I hold the two 1st games dearly (though I only played the 2nd one through emulation, since at this point, where I live, it's physically impossible to find it on CD), so I probably will give it a shot.

Them waiting nearly 5 years to release a new RE was a fucking stupid decision.  They should've fast-tracked the final one for 2014.  At least there'd be some people who'd see it.

Studios need to stop greenlighting these unnecessary sequels.  It's kind of fucking ridiculous at this point.  Rings might fall victim, but there have been a lot of effective ads running for the past few weeks, so the tables could turn on that one.

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, I've seen everybody say 4's the best. I've never owned a GameCube, and I never bought the game for PS2 (not sure if avaliable on PC, since at this point, downloading it is my best bet), so I never got the chance (or patience) to try it out. Down the line, probably. But like I said, I hold the two 1st games dearly (though I only played the 2nd one through emulation, since at this point, where I live, it's physically impossible to find it on CD), so I probably will give it a shot.

It's on Steam (though I've heard not-so-good things about that port), Wii/Wii U, PS3/4, Xbox 360/One if you want to try it out.

But the original Gamecube version is the best in my opinion.

Edited by cookie

26 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

It's on Steam.

18 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

We didn't make it out of the first 5 minutes and we both routinely beat games on Insane or at least hardcore difficulties. 

Let me tell you, you are not good at playing games, despite your claims.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

La La Land and Hidden Figures crossing $100M. Yess!

Arrival is gonna get so close to $100M that it'll be a shame if it missed. Lion could eventually cross $30M with that expansion coming next week.

Lion could potentially be at 30M by the end of next weekend.,

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cookie said:

It's on Steam (though I've heard not-so-good things about that port), Wii, PS3/4, Xbox 360/One if you want to try it out.

Wii/Wii U port is the best imo because the controls are fantastic. And there's a newer and much better Steam port

6 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Wii/Wii U port is the best imo because the controls are fantastic. And there's a newer and much better Steam port

The motion controls are pretty good but I feel the original GC controller still works the best.

If Switch does get Gamecube virtual console I hope they put it on there though.

Edited by cookie

48 minutes ago, cookie said:

It's on Steam (though I've heard not-so-good things about that port), Wii, PS3/4, Xbox 360/One if you want to try it out.

34 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

It's on Steam.

That's In to the Teresting. Thank you very and also much.

Haven't logged on my Steam account for months, may finally give it some use.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

19 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Fun fact that I don't know if anyone has pointed out yet: La La Land is gonna become the highest-grossing Best Picture winner since Return of the King. BOOM!

filmlover we need to talk about your overusage of the words "BOOM!" and "bro."