Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend topic: Split: $26.2m (Amazing drop!!!) | ADP: $18.3m | RE: $13.8m | HF: $14m | Gold $3.4m

Shamalamadingdongs is what I call M. Night fans. 

Im sure Split is a total masterpiece and Rogue One is crap. Lol who is he? Probably just some random poster with taste in film. Nobody special. Because it doesn't take a special person to understand Split isn't even in the same movie ballpark as Rogue One. I'm sure Split is good for what it is, but after some of the absolute crap that M. Night has put out forgive me for not jumping for joy over the prospect of seeing his newest effort. The guy is also an arrogant prick if ever there was one. He's arrogant without reason too since he's not a good filmmaker. He may be a hit and miss (mostly miss) storyteller but as a filmmaker he's average at best. 

• Like 1

Just now, JonathanLB said:

Im sure Split is a total masterpiece and Rogue One is crap. Lol who is he? Probably just some random poster with taste in film. Nobody special. Because it doesn't take a special person to understand Split isn't even in the same movie ballpark as Rogue One. I'm sure Split is good for what it is, but after some of the absolute crap that M. Night has put out forgive me for not jumping for joy over the prospect of seeing his newest effort. The guy is also an arrogant prick if ever there was one. He's arrogant without reason too since he's not a good filmmaker. He may be a hit and miss (mostly miss) storyteller but as a filmmaker he's average at best. 

I've never seen so much disrespect over someone's opinion on a film.  Oh no, he thought Rogue One sucked yet he really liked Split!  I haven't even seen Split, but it's clear that this guy must have a terrible opinion!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

>Complains about how Split isn't even in the same ballpark as Rogue One

>Hasn't even seen Split

:redcapes: 

• Like 16

55 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

MNS always had a fandom, btw. And they eat anything that he makes, they even defend this aberration called The Lady in the Water.

I won't defend Lady in the Water, but After Earth wasn't terrible, The Village is severely underrated, and get a load of this take on The Happening: 

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/26050/looking-back-at-m-night-shyamalans-the-happening

• Like 1

my predictions for today...

Split +46.2% - 26.39

Dog's Purpose +50.0% (+64.1%) - 18.82

Hidden Figures +67.5% - 14.21

Resident Evil +0.05% (+25.0%) - 13.43

La La Land +60% - 12.83

xXx +70.0% - 8.57

Sing +140% - 6.60

Rogue One +104.3% - 5.52

Monster Trucks +160% - 4.25

Gold +34% (+50%) - 3.71

Patriots Day +80% - 3.05

The Founder +75% - 2.70

Moana +1.665% - 2.60

Lion +80% - 2.46

Manchester +80% - 2.07

Sleepless +75% - 1.72

Moonlight +75% - 1.53

Arrival +75% - 1.52

Fences +75% - 1.44

Bye Bye Man +60% - 1.16

Passengers +70% - 1.00

Jackie +75% - 0.68

Silence +80% - 0.68

Hacksaw +80% - 0.43

Edited by Matrix4You
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

MNS always had a fandom, btw. And they eat anything that he makes, they even defend this aberration called The Lady in the Water.

Why do people keep dissing The Lady in the Water? It's a wonderful little film guys, I swear.

:sadben:

Spoiler

I'm serious. I like it as much as the Village and I'm not sorry to say so.

The Happening and After Earth are kinda trashy though.

I'm not even sure wtf Last Airbender was supposed to be.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

predictions for today...

Split +46.2% - 26.39

Dog's Purpose +50.0% (+64.1%) - 18.82

Hidden Figures +67.5% - 14.21

Resident Evil +0.05% (+25.0%) - 13.43

La La Land +60% - 12.83

xXx +70.0% - 8.57

Sing +140% - 6.60

Rogue One +104.3% - 5.52

Monster Trucks +160% - 4.25

Gold +34% (+50%) - 3.71

Patriots Day +80% - 3.05

The Founder +75% - 2.70

Moana +1.665% - 2.60

Lion +80% - 2.46

Manchester +80% - 2.07

Sleepless +75% - 1.72

Moonlight +75% - 1.53

Arrival +75% - 1.52

Fences +75% - 1.44

Bye Bye Man +60% - 1.16

Passengers +70% - 1.00

Jackie +75% - 0.68

Silence +80% - 0.68

Hacksaw +80% - 0.43

Are these your own or based on theaters in your area?

3 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Why do people keep dissing The Lady in the Water? It's a wonderful little film guys, I swear.

:sadben:

Reveal hidden contents

I love The Village. So underrated...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tonytr87 said:

I won't defend Lady in the Water, but After Earth wasn't terrible, The Village is severely underrated, and get a load of this take on The Happening: 

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/26050/looking-back-at-m-night-shyamalans-the-happening

This is actually a really interesting read and makes me want to revisit The Happening to take it all in... hm...

and The Village is wonderful. Less so after the first viewing, but I still enjoy how well it was all made. The music, cinematography... Jesus. It's a beautiful film.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Kalderic said:

This is actually a really interesting read and makes me want to revisit The Happening to take it all in... hm...

and The Village is wonderful. Less so after the first viewing, but I still enjoy how well it was all made. The music, cinematography... Jesus. It's a beautiful film.

Right? That article blew me away. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I honestly think high teens-low 20s is a possibility for Rings next week.  It's been getting a crazy shit ton of promotion over the past week and could be a decent horror option for those who have already seen Split.

What is it with January and the horror genre? I think there might be more horror successes in January than in October. 

3 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

They aren't the sole reason why the film is so successful, though. A lot of people likely saw the film based on the concept / marketing. 

3 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Don't cut yourself on that edge m8