Alli

WEEKEND THREAD! FRI #s: Lego: 8M: 50SD: 6.6M: GW: 5.8: JW2: 4.1 (pg 8)

1 minute ago, Celedhring said:

The Friday bump is already a bit lower than spongebob's. Batman has grossed more during the week so I don't think there's enough "reserved demand" to replicate Spongebob's second weekend multipliers.

Tomorrow will tell the tale I guess, I honestly want to be proven wrong and LB to break 200m, since I enjoyed it and I would like to get a sequel.

True but I still have faith. I think LB will end around $175M-$190M domestic.

Edited by YourMother

28 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Poor A United Kingdom won't even make $5M in total. What's happening at Fox Searchlight these days? They haven't had an actual success since Brooklyn.

It's doing ok for limited release. FSL plan to expand A United Kingdom to 400 theaters by mid march. We'll see what the story looks like then.

As for FSL as a company, they're being passed up by younger hipper indie studios like A24 and now Netflix/Amazon. I think they have to find their an identity again. Just looking at their 2017 slate, it seems a bit confused to me : Table 19, Wilson,  Gifted, My Cousin Rachel, Battle of the Sexes

Compared to A24 which has: Free Fire, The Lovers, It Comes At Night, How to Talk to Girls At Parties. 

A24 seems more interesting and exciting.

Edited by babz06
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Poor A United Kingdom won't even make $5M in total. What's happening at Fox Searchlight these days? They haven't had an actual success since Brooklyn.

Fox Searchlight needs a shakeup, Fox themselves are doing fine with the award contenders like Hidden Figures but Searchlight has lost their way 

i imagine Lego Batman will get a sequel or a spin-off, I'm not sure if it should be Lego Superman as I don't know if it would work as well. WAG should look at doing a non Lego DC film that based on more obscure characters like the Metal Men or Dial H for Hero

Hey everyone. Where do you think Split, Hidden Figures and La La Land will end up domestically. They are all holding on really well.

I think Split will finish around 155mil.

Hidden Figures holding fantastically will complete its run at around 190mil.

La La Land with the help from the Oscar will probably end around 175mil.

3 minutes ago, cmbbox2390 said:

Hey everyone. Where do you think Split, Hidden Figures and La La Land will end up domestically. They are all holding on really well.

I think Split will finish around 155mil.

Hidden Figures holding fantastically will complete its run at around 190mil.

La La Land with the help from the Oscar will probably end around 175mil.

Hidden Figures will likely top out at $170M since theater drops will hit it rather hard throughout March. La La Land's Best Picture boost likely won't be significant since it's already made so much and everybody's known it's winning for some time now.

Edited by filmlover

weekend forecast

The LEGO Batman MovieWarner Bros.$46,500,000$112,177,078-12.27%

Fifty Shades DarkerUniversal$22,000,000$93,870,850-52.80%

John Wick: Chapter TwoLionsgate/Summit$19,000,000$62,178,639-37.57%

The Great WallUniversal$17,500,000$17,500,000NEW

Fist FightWarner Bros.$17,000,000$17,000,000NEW

SplitUniversal$7,620,748$124,694,206-20.00%

Hidden FiguresFox$7,202,403$142,567,812-10.00%

A Cure for WellnessFox$6,900,000$6,900,000NEW

A Dog’s PurposeUniversal$5,817,144$51,265,557-20.00%

La La LandWarner Bros.$4,449,430$133,825,589-10.00%

57 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

The Friday bump is already a bit lower than spongebob's. Batman has grossed more during the week so I don't think there's enough "reserved demand" to replicate Spongebob's second weekend multipliers.

Tomorrow will tell the tale I guess, I honestly want to be proven wrong and LB to break 200m, since I enjoyed it and I would like to get a sequel.

LB making less than 200m doesn't mean it won't get a sequel, though. The film's a success for WB, so they might actually consider a follow-up of sorts for all we know. 

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

LB making less than 200m doesn't mean it won't get a sequel, though. The film's a success for WB, so they might actually consider a follow-up of sorts for all we know. 

Exactly. It's going to end with a $400M-$420M WW total when everything is said and done, grossing 5 times over it's budget. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

The LEGO Justice League Movie (which will certainly be better than the actual Justice League movie)! :lol:

• Like 2

Cure for Wellness not even going to make 10M total :lol:

Fist Fight I wish could have done 15M for the 4-day. 15/35 would have been a nice little run for it.

Great Wall probably going to top out at 40-45M. Not even sure why I'm commenting on this one, as it's not really a surprise for anyone.

RIP my club :sadno: 

41 minutes ago, babz06 said:

It's doing ok for limited release. FSL plan to expand A United Kingdom to 400 theaters by mid march. We'll see what the story looks like then.

As for FSL as a company, they're being passed up by younger hipper indie studios like A24 and now Netflix/Amazon. I think they have to find their an identity again. Just looking at their 2017 slate, it seems a bit confused to me : Table 19, Wilson,  Gifted, My Cousin Rachel, Battle of the Sexes

Compared to A24 which has: Free Fire, The Lovers, It Comes At Night, How to Talk to Girls At Parties. 

A24 seems more interesting and exciting.

A24 has been the most interesting and exciting indie studio in a while. Ex Machina, Room, The Witch, The Lobster, Green Room, Swiss Army Man, 20th Century Women, and Moonlight. That's a golden punch right there.

Can't wait for Free Fire, It Comes At Night, and Sundance darling A Ghost Story myself.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Exactly. It's going to end with a $400M-$420M WW total when everything is said and done, grossing 5 times over it's budget. 

If Lego Batman does over $400m WW then  it's another huge success for WAG. They're building the brand with good films with only one misfire and even then Storks wasn't bad by any means 

27 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a sequel or another spin-off. I'm unsure if Lego Superman would work but if anyone could make it work it's the team who did Lego Batman 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's official: Rogue One isn't beating TDK without a fudge :bop: 

Let that not distract you from the fact that Sony is Spectreing Passengers hard. It will be at around 98.6M coming out of the weekend. This is becoming hilarious now.

55 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a sequel or another spin-off. I'm unsure if Lego Superman would work but if anyone could make it work it's the team who did Lego Batman 

Given the current situation of the DC film universe, I wouldn't be surprised if WB just decided to make their entire film universe around lego movies at this point. :lol:

• Like 1