CJohn

The Oscars 2017 on ABC | 89th Academy Awards | Discuss It Live Here | Super Sale to Honor the Steve Harvey moment! (p124)

3 minutes ago, DAR said:

I know people say they feel bad for LLL but I'm not sure why.  It's won a ton awards and is a massive box office hit.  It's in a place most films would kill for.

It's not that it didn't win.  It's that it really sucks to be put in that position.  I would feel bad if it had happened to any of the films.  We know they can all be proud of their wins and successful films, but it's pretty humiliating to get up and give thank you speeches on live TV only to find out right afterwards that you actually didn't win.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Once again, the Academy voters gets free screeners of every movie including Moonlight. Chances are they saw it.

I know they do but nobody else did, whatever I'm pretty liberal myself but this just feels like a reaction to last year and the election than anything else moonlight won't be remembered in more than a year its destined to be in the spotlight, artist of movie awarded then forgotten. 

• Like 1

Just now, nick64 said:

Everyone's coming at Warren, but Faye was the one that announced La La Land lol

I think the best they could do was announce the film and hope they were right. The alternative would've meant delaying the proceedings even more while everyone looked for the correct envelope.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

It's not that it didn't win.  It's that it really sucks to be put in that position.  I would feel bad if it had happened to any of the films.  We know they can all be proud of their wins and successful films, but it's pretty humiliating to get up and give thank you speeches on live TV only to find out right afterwards that you actually didn't win.

The Oscars just had their Miss Universe moment that will be remembered until the end of time:

Image result for crown miss universe gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, boomboom234 said:

I know they do but nobody else did, whatever I'm pretty liberal myself but this just feels like a reaction to last year and the election than anything else moonlight won't be remembered in more than a year its destined to be in the spotlight, artist of movie awarded then forgotten. 

Or maybe they thought it was a good movie?

• Like 2

I apologize for calling Moonlight Gay cow dung.

That's really not nice, but there was no reason for the AMPAS to not give the right envelope to Beatty/Dunaway. What a complete mockery of events. This is the most prestigious award in entertainment, and they messed up badly. Moonlight was probably a good movie, but I'll never watch it. 

It only won won bc of what happened last year.