CJohn

The Oscars 2017 on ABC | 89th Academy Awards | Discuss It Live Here | Super Sale to Honor the Steve Harvey moment! (p124)

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Not saying it's a better movie, but a well-made modern musical with 2 extremely likable leads will be a very popular date night movie for a long time. Not to mention its commercial success.

You might be right. On the other hand, without getting into spoilers too much, the ending may not be a perfect thing for date night.

• Like 3

I'm sure in 2000, people thought American Beauty would stand the test of time. Now, people are calling it outdated.

It takes a truly extraordinary, once in a lifetime film to have prolonged appeal. And we won't know it until way down the future...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, franfar said:

I'm sure in 2000, people thought American Beauty would stand the test of time. Now, people are calling it outdated.

It takes a truly extraordinary, once in a lifetime film to have prolonged appeal. And we won't know it until way down the future...

American Beauty does stand the test of time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ecstasy said:

Man craziest shit I've ever seen. Awful. Poor Warren Beatty taking all the heat for Faye.

I think he kinda passed the buck to her, though. He didn't know what to do so he just gave it to her. Whoops. :lol: 

Fortunately they're both legendary Hollywood royalty so they can weather this particular storm without too much damage.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, franfar said:

American Beauty is still a great movie IMO. It gets a lot of flack for spawning so many imitators that weren't anywhere nearly as effective, though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Travod said:

I trust that humanity will realize that Singin' in the Rain farts on LLL lol

There are honestly many classic musicals that make anything from the last fifty years look like shit. Current filmmakers are lucky that their efforts aren't judged by comparing them to films from previous decades.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

I think he kinda passed the buck to her, though. He didn't know what to do so he just gave it to her. Whoops. :lol: 

Fortunately they're both legendary Hollywood royalty so they can weather this particular storm without too much damage.

To be fair, this is the most anyone's talked about them in years. Her most recent movie was The Bye Bye Man (how the mighty have fallen) and his was the miserable megaflop Rules Don't Apply.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

How can movies that barely nobody saw can be remembered if these movies were only seen by a tiny cinephile elite that love to suck each other s cocks with their perfect movie tastes ?

What is the point in that ?

What? I didn't know we were sucking each other's cocks.:sadben: