FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

Amazing for Logan, but that is fucking unbelievable for Get Out. Holy shit at that hold...for a fucking horror film and especially when another R-rated movie is opening to $80m.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

they nominate crap like Mad Max Fury Road or Avatar which are only good on a technical level, don't underestimate the academy

If you think MMFR is only good on a technical level, you don't understand storytelling.

• Like 10

MMFR's story was lean and effective, something the modern blockbuster seems to have forgotten. This same leanness allowed the film to flesh out their characters and their interplay very effectively, plus creating a great sense of the world they inhabit. Having a lot of story doesn't mean having a good story.

MMFR topped more than one snotty critics list, dismissing it as just a technical achievement is missing out on many things that made it great. It's also one of the best directed action films in recent memory. The camera is so dynamic, yet so precise. Honestly, I don't think that movie ever hits a false note. Everything is just right - it certainly doesn't need to be your cup of tea, but imho it was a triumph for modern blockbuster filmmaking.

As for Logan, seeing it this Wednesday unless I can persuade my GF to see it tonight (hates superhero films, but thinks Jackman is hot). Can't wait.

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Has any one here taking care of someone who is drunk. My roommate is having a hard time keeping still when she is sleeping. She won't keep her head titled every time I try to she moves to a new position. 

:blink::huh: maybe you need to shift your position 

2 minutes ago, zackzack said:

Not really $80M -$85M is the good range.

It could surprise into high 80 but 100 is really

for the rockets

Oh, I guess I can't stop being too optimistic ^^"

That would still be great given its budget :) As long as it's profitable it's a win :)

1 hour ago, Jayhawk said:

Thought Logan was very good. Kinda frustrated how close to great it was though. Loved a lot of it, disliked quite a bit as well.

This. As much as I loved it, there are more than a few things I borderline hate. I fall in the category for other Mangold flicks. Though, his highs are highest for me here. Probably like Yuma best friend him followed by Wolverine/Logan. Then, Identity and Walk The Line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zackzack said:

More dramatically realistic SH movies, please....

Thank God, there is no city-wide destruction in this one.

None of them have had a city destroyed since Age of Ultron.( I dont remember Apocalypse)

3 hours ago, Matrix4You said:

You think First Class and Origins are of equal quality???? First Class blows away the majority of the films in the X franchise. I rue the day Vaughn ditched the X-Men franchise.

• Like 1