FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Newsflash:

Like everyone here, I happen to like some franchises more than others.

Yeah I'm not a Harry Potter fan at all but I can't deny the success the series has had both critically and commercially. As I'm sure you feel about the MCU. 

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I am just making fun at the fact you often criticize the Universe aspect of the MCU, the lack of stand alone stories, which is not that different than what Star Wars is doing.

Huh? I love the MCU (have yet to see an MCU movie I disliked except for half of Iron Man 2) and I love Star Wars (have yet to see a live-action SW movie I disliked except for half of AOTC) but...

The MCU is very different than what SW is doing. The MCU is kinda like the Mentalist. Many stand-alone entries with maybe 5 minutes of sequel/universe building in there with some occasional episodes dedicated to advancing the "main plot" of the universe. Star Wars is kinda like Lost, where every episode matters and advances the plot and now with the stand-alone stories we're getting the filler episodes.

Not a perfect analogy.

• Like 9

Just now, Water Bottle said:

Huh? I love the MCU (have yet to see an MCU movie I disliked except for half of Iron Man 2) and I love Star Wars (have yet to see a live-action SW movie I disliked except for half of AOTC) but...

The MCU is very different than what SW is doing. The MCU is kinda like the Mentalist. Many stand-alone entries with maybe 5 minutes of sequel/universe building in there with some occasional episodes dedicated to advancing the "main plot" of the universe. Star Wars is kinda like Lost, where every episode matters and advances the plot and now with the stand-alone stories we're getting the filler episodes.

Not a perfect analogy.

Basically like a procedural with an ongoing arc where casual folks can dip in and out but fans get rewarded if they watch every film. 

• Like 5

• Community Manager
Just now, Jonwo said:

Basically like a procedural with an ongoing arc where casual folks can dip in and out but fans get rewarded if they watch every film. 

That's the Mentalist! And the MCU!

• Like 2

Regarding Star Wars, after the decidedly "meh" Rogue One, the new trilogy is probably gonna be the only new SW movies I end up seeing and caring about.   I'm certainly not looking forward to the smuggling adventures of young Han Solo by Disney™.

• Community Manager
Just now, Ozymandias said:

Regarding Star Wars, after the decidedly "meh" Rogue One, the new trilogy is probably gonna be the only new SW movies I end up seeing and caring about.   I'm certainly not looking forward to the smuggling adventures of young Han Solo by Disney™.

That's kinda silly. I mean you do you but I'm not judging the Han Solo movie on Rogue One's quality since it's supposed to be a very different movie done by a different team. Kinda unfair to the people doing that movie to be like "well, I didn't like this completely different movie that's set in the same universe so I'm skipping this one."

• Like 5

I'm feeling pretty done with the MCU outside of Captain America ((And Spidey and BP if they're good)) tbh. But I loved Man of Steel and BvS ((Ultimate Edition)) so maybe my taste is suspect. :lol:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

As for Captain Underpants, I get the feeling it's going to be moved, we haven't seen a trailer which for a summer release is a worry

I think a trailer will come with Boss Baby, but I would say I am leaning on it being moved as well. 2 months is not a promotion timeline for any movie nowadays.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I think a trailer will come with Boss Baby, but I would say I am leaning on it being moved as well. 2 months is not a promotion timeline for any movie nowadays.

I get the feeling Fox is dumping it as it's the last film in their contract with DWA. The UK release was moved to late July so I'm thinking it'll move to late July or early August

Edited by Jonwo

11 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

That's kinda silly. I mean you do you but I'm not judging the Han Solo movie on Rogue One's quality since it's supposed to be a very different movie done by a different team. Kinda unfair to the people doing that movie to be like "well, I didn't like this completely different movie that's set in the same universe so I'm skipping this one."

Rogue One didn't really do it for me.  I saw it because I thought there was potential there in seeing how the rebels got the Death Star plans and while it had some cool moments in it, I think it needed a strong lead character to overcome the fact that we already know the rebels get the plans at the end and it didn't have that to compensate.  I didn't hate it, but its not a movie I will be seeing again anytime soon.  The young Han Solo smuggling movie by Disney™ movie just sounds flat out dumb and pointless to me, and I can't picture anyone as Han Solo other than Harrison Ford anyways.  If by some miracle it gets raves(Like 80+ on MC and 95+ on RT) I may see it, but I highly doubt it.   TFA was a good play-it-relatively-safe-movie that only need to do one thing which was restore Star Wars and I'm looking forward to seeing what Rian Johnson is gonna do with Episode 8.

Edited by Ozymandias

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

You and I both know that movie breaks like Bruce in the second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are not a true Nolaninte. Bye.

• Like 4