chasmmi

The Summer Game 2017 | Beans have been counted, sprouts measured, zombies destroyed, and Tele relegated to... oh wait better not... | Let the Pre-Season Reveals begin ...

OW's are clear.. it will be based upon 3 day weekends only.  so no @Matrix4You

As always you are welcome to tally up your scores if you like but please refrain from posting to much info for others... myself and Chas will be working in the background to pull all the numbers together and then the big reveals will happen as always leading to a possible surprise winner.......

So if you haven't paid the scorers off properly... expect a score in the bottom half of the game... and or you are of course if you are @Squadron Leader Tele we have a special score for you if you pull another stunner like you did during winter..... :D:ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

As always you are welcome to tally up your scores if you like but please refrain from posting to much info for others... myself and Chas will be working in the background to pull all the numbers together and then the big reveals will happen as always leading to a possible surprise winner.......

So if you haven't paid the scorers off properly... expect a score in the bottom half of the game... and or you are of course if you are @Squadron Leader Tele we have a special score for you if you pull another stunner like you did during winter..... :D:ph34r:

I'll stop dismantling your parliament for one million points.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I'll stop dismantling your parliament for one million points.

this would probably solve our problems if just went back to this..... accept i couldn't accept new south wales as overlords of queensland :insane:

main-qimg-98b6e7309a1d375df829dd3e08e29c

• Astonished 1

Just now, JJ-8 said:

this would probably solve our problems if just went back to this..... accept i couldn't accept new south wales as overlords of queensland :insane:

main-qimg-98b6e7309a1d375df829dd3e08e29c

Accept your fate. Become West Island. I trust my government more than yours :ph34r:.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Accept your fate. Become West Island. I trust my government more than yours :ph34r:.

it could  have been worse..... check this out where the great land of australia and new zealand could have landed....

tumblr_nekln0qgCe1rasnq9o1_1280.png&key=

• Astonished 1

1 hour ago, JJ-8 said:

But the release date was changed after submissions closed. :sadben:

Surely there has to be an exception you guys can make. :P or a bonus for those who got 6/7 with the 7th being transformers.

Spoiler

Lol. I know im pushing my luck.

• Like 1

@Stutterng baumer Denbrough

In regards to this preseason question :-

Final General Question

Q14) Will a film released domestically make more in an International Market (must be a single market such as China, United Kindom, etc) this summer (Both markets must release during the game and be elegible for the top 15 domestic - ie. as per the list of films Chasmmi has posted) ? 

I present the most obvious choice here :-

the below makes this a clear YES.

Transformers:The Last Knight

Domestic Total as of Aug. 14, 2017:$129,845,627
Distributor: Paramount Release Date: June 21, 2017
Genre: Sci-Fi Action Runtime: 2 hrs. 29 min.
MPAA Rating: PG-13 Production Budget: $217 million
China PPI 6/23/17 $119,682,298 52.3% $228,842,508

7/23/17

• Like 1

Just looking at the answers to the only quesiton of the 30 Qn's (sorry 29) that can't be answered and damn it's going down to the wire....

Rank the 4 comic book adaptions Domestic and international...

Only certainties are :-

1) GOTG 2 International = 473m

5) GOTG 2 Domestic = 389m (it's done earning so barring any further expansions, it's not moving from here)

6) SMH Domestic = 307m

7) Valerian International = 76m

8) Valerian Domestic = 39m

Spots 2 - 4 are a toss up between the following:

2) WW Domestic = 402m 

3) SMH International = 395.6m

4) WW International = 395.2m

2, 3 and 4 are a toss up.  But looking at release dates, Japan gets SMH  about 7 days back which is yet to be included in any totals while WW doesn't get japan until the 25th august.  also of note, WW isn't making a lot internationally right now while SMH made 12.4 on the 4-6 August (last reported weekend).  In regards to WW domestic it should get close to 410m though i think SMH should pass that at this point.

so my guess for this:

2) SMH International

3) WW Domestic

4) WW International (may swap into 3rd depending on Japan.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Is Wolf Warrior 2 not gonna be in the WW top 10 for the purposes of the game?

No.  for the game WW top 10 must have been released domestically "wide"

• Like 2

starting to plug the numbers into preseason scoring spreadsheet.... starting with the preseason questions (the 30 29 questions at the end)....

so far most seem to be getting a very average to low result between 140k and 170k.  only 1 so far has gotten the bonus and not surpisingly that score jumped well over 300k... 

I should note, we are going to be pending Part 1 Q1 final results as noted above.  but no harm plugging them in and then updated with the final results once the game has ended :P

• Like 5

8 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

I was warning the forum for months Transformers was in for a big drop. You guys should have listened :lol: 

Everyone else knew too... had it at #7 before the release date changed :sadben:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, JJ-8 said:

it could  have been worse..... check this out where the great land of australia and new zealand could have landed....

tumblr_nekln0qgCe1rasnq9o1_1280.png&key=

What's the point of having States in Australia?  If you live anywhere other than Sydney you'll be eaten alive by the Spiders/Snakes/Crocs/Box Jellyfish/Drop Bears/Killer Worms/Sharks/Octopus/Kangaroos/Killer Worms/Killer Centipedes/Cassowaries/Stonefish

And the Outback's a desert wilderness that'll cause even the toughest Texan to have a heat stroke, no people can live there.  You'll walk outside, die and have your rotting corpse be scavenged by a Croc or Kangaroo.

• Like 1