franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

51 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

You don't think the overwhelming majority of people consider Thor 2 bad? I know some love it but not many. Has aged pretty poorly too. Endgame did its best to prop it up a bit I guess?

Bad? No. Underwhelming or OK.  The truly bad cbms are usually the rotten ones.  Shazam,  black Adam,  dark phoenix,  bvs,  new mutants, John,  ww84

5 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

Does anyone know when the soundtrack is released? Gunn always had the most immaculate music tastes. 

The song list already there on Spotify. Not sure about the whole soundtrack and instruments tho

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

The banter gods decree that this stays stuck at 80% until the very last review, at which point it drops to 79% and stays there forever. 

Either way, if it's 79% (Iron Man 3) or 80% (Captain America First Avenger), it's in great company alongside two of my favorite Marvel Studios movies. I'll take it!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I saw this last night, it felt refreshing to watch a Marvel film and it not be terrible. That hasn't happened in what... 4 years?

You've thought all of their releases over the last 4 years were terrible? Seems a bit of stretch. I do hope it's better than everything since Infinity War but maybe my expectations are getting too high. 

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

You've thought all of their releases over the last 4 years were terrible? Seems a bit of stretch. I do hope it's better than everything since Infinity War but maybe my expectations are getting too high. 

Well OK not all "terrible" but yes I don't think there has been a good film since endgame.

• Astonished 2

2 hours ago, The GOAT said:

Does anyone know when the soundtrack is released? Gunn always had the most immaculate music tastes. 

The "Come A Little Bit Closer" scene in GOTG2 is my favorite.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Claudio said:

The song list already there on Spotify. Not sure about the whole soundtrack and instruments tho

Just finished listening the Vol. 3 soundtrack. Unfortunately, I'm afraid to say that the Vol. 1 soundtrack can never be topped. 

4 hours ago, Jeight said:

Bad? No. Underwhelming or OK.  The truly bad cbms are usually the rotten ones.  Shazam,  black Adam,  dark phoenix,  bvs,  new mutants, John,  ww84

I’m noticing a theme in your comparisons lol. Why is WW84 there, it’s way ahead of the others with critics. But Quantumania and Eternals both had worse reviews than WW84 & Shazam 2. WW84 is still at 71% with Top Critics as well, but we won’t start that argument again. 

Anyway, GOTG3 is excellent. Go and see it, because it doesn’t deserve to underperform at the box office. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jeight said:

LOL What the hell is John?

• Haha 4

I liked it. Nice seeing a new Marvel that doesn't leave you with indifference again. This one scratched the itch that's been lacking since NWH.

It's still messy with too many characters existing mainly for overplotting and Gunn's devotion for character arcs and actualization of self through others (Adam Warlock especially despite the parallels with his subplot and Rocket's). The irrelevant humor wasn't too undermining and resulted naturally for levity and character development. But most of all, the emotion landed which was necessary for a farewell

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1