franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The % and average rating already being lower than Vol. 2 does point to the trilogy ending up with a bit of a downward gap between each one.

What could be interesting is if the % ends up lower but Average Rating (RT) and Metascore (MC) are slightly higher. I'm not sure that'll even happen but it'll be interesting if it does. For instances, the last two movies that the Guardians are featured in A LOT are Infinity War (68 on MC) and Vol. 2 (67 on MC). Currently, I believe but the site is very glitchy for me, Vol 3 is 69 on MC.

The scariest things is that reviews normally fall for MCU films and most films as the release date gets closer and more critics post reviews. I’ll be interesting to see where this ends up but if it’s already starting this low then it’s hard to be optimistic. I’m guessing it will be a franchise low box office and critically wise.

• Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

The scariest things is that reviews normally fall for MCU films and most films as the release date gets closer and more critics post reviews. I’ll be interesting to see where this ends up but if it’s already starting this low then it’s hard to be optimistic. I’m guessing it will be a franchise low box office and critically wise.

Pretty sure Guardians 2 actually went up over time. But, yeah, that's true of most movies, especially blockbusters. They drop usually over time...

7 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

From the reviews it looks like they let Gunn completely do his thing more so than even Vol.2. 🤔

I mean, after Vol. 2, that's just him. He did his think more so in his Suicide Squad and the Peacemaker series he wrote and directed more than the first two Guardian movies. I figured everyone expected that... For better or worse. I still like Slither a ton so hoping for some Slither type grossness in this one if I'm lucky. Of course, that might turn off others...

Honestly, 69 at Metacritic with 35 reviews is actually pretty good for a superhero movie. Of course, it's gonna have at least 20 more so that number could dip a bit or even go up a bit or stay the same. My gut says after all the reviews are in it'll be a 65 to 70 like Vol. 2 and, more recently, Wakanda Forever.

Recent superhero movies...

Quantumania 48 with 61 reviews

Fury of the Gods 47 with 49 reviews

Wakanda Forver 67 with 62 reviews

Black Adam 41 with 52 reviews

Love and Thunder 57 with 64 reviews

Multiverse of Madness 60 with 65 reviews

The Batman 72 with 68 reviews

Shang Chi 71 with 52 reviews

Guardians featured heavily in movie...

Infinity War 68 with 54 reviews

Vol. 2 67 with 48 reviews

Vol. 1 76 with 53 reviews

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

And of course now everyones back to saying that the movies in trouble somehow. Guys, the movie is not going to be "pro animal cruelty"

Tbh the movie was never out of trouble. We was just hoping reviews would change the tracking but reviews are not as good as predicted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Honestly, 69 on MC with 35 reviews is actually pretty good for a superhero movie. 

Indeed, it is doing pretty good on MC, exactly what was expected 

The problem is rotten, it will probably finish with 76-78%, this is kinda low for a movie with 68-69 on MC 

It´s really divisive for some reason, even on RT you can see that, 80% now but 7.2 average 

Still at 81% and 7.2 average with 72 reviews. I'm curious to see if RT will give it the certified fresh right away or if they will wanna hold back just in case. But the MetaCritic score is really good which will probably work in its favor.

5 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Honestly, 69 on MC with 35 reviews is actually pretty good for a superhero movie. 

This is not meant as a gotcha at you, I just wanna add that it's been lovely to see how Black Adam literally doesn't exist lol