franfar

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | May 5, 2023 | The 9th most profitable film of 2023

38 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

yeah my guess is thor gets a scene at the beginning and then goes off to do whatever.

Yeah, I’m sure that as much as we love that scene, he’s not gonna be a permanent Guardian. A guest star for that movie at best. Even out of shape, he’d be a cheat code for the GOTG. I want to see them constantly in over their heads, and having the God of Thunder on the team makes that pretty hard. My guess is he is gone by the end of the movie.

Your guess or mine would be a perfect place for Taika Waititi to pick up with Thor 4 if he and Hemsworth decide to do it once he’s done with Akira. More Thor in space = Beta Ray Bill finally? Please?

Edited by TServo2049

1 hour ago, TServo2049 said:

Yeah, I’m sure that as much as we love that scene, he’s not gonna be a permanent Guardian. A guest star for that movie at best. Even out of shape, he’d be a cheat code for the GOTG. I want to see them constantly in over their heads, and having the God of Thunder on the team makes that pretty hard. My guess is he is gone by the end of the movie.

They're going to need all the cheat codes available to go up against Adam Warlock, though.

• Like 1

My guess is that Thor will stick around, but he may take a 30-60 minute break in the middle of the movie to allow the film to focus on the rest of the Guardians.

But at this point, I think the fans would be pissed off if Thor wasn't in the movie. He's basically expected at this point. Unless they've got Thor 4 officially on the schedule for 6 months later.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, I Am said:

They're going to need all the cheat codes available to go up against Adam Warlock, though.

I wouldn't take that as a given.  It would seem that the MCU version of Adam will not be intersecting with the Soul Stone or the Infinity Gauntlet any time soon.  And most high octane characters in the MCU are quite powered down from their comic counterparts.

14 minutes ago, Horner said:

I wouldn't take that as a given.  It would seem that the MCU version of Adam will not be intersecting with the Soul Stone or the Infinity Gauntlet any time soon.  And most high octane characters in the MCU are quite powered down from their comic counterparts.

This is true, but with the OP introduction of Captain Marvel, villains should be seeing upcoming increases in their capabilities, as well.

2 minutes ago, I Am said:

This is true, but with the OP introduction of Captain Marvel, villains should be seeing upcoming increases in their capabilities, as well.

She'll have to encounter Silver Surfer and Galactcus on her own.

Which is why I think making her so overpowered (more than her comic self not less like the vast majority of others) was a mistake - it limits how you can use her in a team movie (see AEG where she has to be off the board for 2:30 hours) as well as solo (the ending of CM has zero tension)

She's so overpowered and invulnerable that the most interesting story line from that would to see her either 1) go megalomaniacal like EGO   2) encounter a loss so big it breaks her like Thor or 3) how she reacts if she loses her powers (via Rogue etc)

• Like 1

I can only assume CM will get nerfed in her sequel. Pretty hard to imagine it being good otherwise. Even if you had a villain that (out)matched her, very little for anyone of a regular powerlevel to contribute to that conflict.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

She's so overpowered and invulnerable that the most interesting story line from that would to see her either 1) go megalomaniacal like EGO   2) encounter a loss so big it breaks her like Thor or 3) how she reacts if she loses her powers (via Rogue etc)

She's been shown to be prone to mental manipulation in her solo movie.  Now granted she ended up shaking that off by the end but that was tech based.  Someone doing to her what Wanda did to the rest of the Avengers in AoU could take a lot of the wallop out of her.

• Like 1

Get ready for an avalanche of thinkpieces if CM’s power level ever gets reduced.

Also, I was going to say “Maybe Adam Warlock finds a way to steal the Soul Stone from Vormir without a sacrifice” until I remembered that the Stones are still destroyed in the present day/prime timeline. Unless there’s some other way to access the Soul World (which isn’t even confirmed to exist in the MCU, it’s all fan conjecture based on that scene after Thanos’ snap) then my prior theory that GOTG3 will somehow pull a Search for Spock and extract dead Gamora’s consciousness from the Soul Stone/Soul World and into past Gamora is probably well out the window.

Edited by TServo2049

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:09 AM, TalismanRing said:

Which is why I think making her so overpowered (more than her comic self not less like the vast majority of others) was a mistake - it limits how you can use her in a team movie (see AEG where she has to be off the board for 2:30 hours) as well as solo (the ending of CM has zero tension)

Carol Danvers is a bit overpowered . Like someone said, she is do powerful in the MCU that in a crossover with the DCU she could beat the crao out of Superman and not even raise a sweat....

If the “Suicide Squad to finish main filming in Jan” timeline is correct, when could we see this movie? 2021 seems pretty plausible to my novice eyes, in which case this could be included in the SDCC/D23 release dates.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

If the “Suicide Squad to finish main filming in Jan” timeline is correct, when could we see this movie? 2021 seems pretty plausible to my novice eyes, in which case this could be included in the SDCC/D23 release dates.

Post production is a long process, and he still has to promote it. He won't be free until Q4 2020 most likely, and then after that he has to do pre-prod for GOTG 3. 2022 at the earliest.

14 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I think 2021 as well. Post on Squad should go fast since it probably won’t be an effect heavy film. Pre-production on Vol. 3 was well underway when that whole fiasco happened last year. 

On 5/21/2019 at 2:09 PM, TalismanRing said:

People need to understand that she will have an arc and there is comics precedent to ground her in traumatic ways, just like it happened with Thor recently. Rogue is coming.

Just now, ZattMurdock said:

I think 2021 as well. Post on Squad should go fast since it probably won’t be an effect heavy film. Pre-production on Vol. 3 was well underway when that whole fiasco happened last year. 

People working on pre-prod on GOTG 3 were let go last year, so they'll have to start from scratch. Also, post production isn't just VFX (which will take a while); there's gonna be a lot of cuts and edits for this film until it's finished. It's not gonna open earlier than October 2020, assuming it even moves up, so there's no way pre-prod on GOTG 3 can start until after then.

13 minutes ago, TMP said:

People working on pre-prod on GOTG 3 were let go last year, so they'll have to start from scratch. Also, post production isn't just VFX (which will take a while); there's gonna be a lot of cuts and edits for this film until it's finished. It's not gonna open earlier than October 2020, assuming it even moves up, so there's no way pre-prod on GOTG 3 can start until after then.

I think Gunn will make it work. Still think a 2021 release for Vol. 3 is likely and I cannot wait.

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

2021 is gonna be Shang-Chi, Doctor Strange and Black Panther (plus possibly Spidey 3 sanwiched in July). Plus with Twoicide Squad there is ZERO way he can get two big budget blockbusters out that fast.

Spidey 3 out a week after The Batman? Really don't think they're far enough on pre-production to get that date, especially since Watts is shooting a big budget film with Michael B. Jordan next for WB. FFH was dated in December 2016 for a 2019 release.