Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

Just now, filmlover said:

T2: Trainspotting is looking at a $26K PTA average from 5 theaters according to Deadline. Solid, if not exactly explosive.

That seems pretty low to me. I don't know how wide it'll expand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

T2: Trainspotting is looking at a $26K PTA average from 5 theaters according to Deadline. Solid, if not exactly explosive.

To be fair, it was always going to have a limited audience and I suspect it's made its money just from the UK alone. Anything else is just gravy 

Edited by Jonwo

I saw this last night, and it wasn't bad, but it doesn't hold a candelabra to the original. I actually watched the original earlier this week for the first time in nearly 20 years so it was really fresh in my mind and in comparison the live action version was lacking the "Disney Magic" of the original.

It looked fine, most of the music was good, although the autotune on Watson was really obvious, in some spots it almost didn't sound like there was anything left of her real voice.

As for acting, the Beast was quite good and Gaston was spot on perfect, Watson's Belle was uneven. Sometimes she was quite good and other parts it was like she was sleepwalking through the role.

For once I actually agree with the RT score, moderately fresh, but nothing really special.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

If you think trolls are bad now, wait until June and November. :ph34r:

September and October will be fun too.

You have Grim22 and Franfar with Geostorm, Me with Lego Ninjago, maybe That One Guy with Kingsman/Blade Runner and Wrath of Han with IT.

Just now, YourMother said:

September and October will be fun too.

You have Grim22 and Franfar with Geostorm, Me with Lego Ninjago, maybe That One Guy with Kingsman/Blade Runner and Wrath of Han with IT.

Image result for blink guy gif

I'm not stanning for that shit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The original had a $33k PTA from 8 theaters. This might not even do half of T1's 16m gross. 

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

The original had a $33k PTA from 8 theaters. This might not even do half of T1's 16m gross. 

To be fair, while Trainspotting is a classic, it's not a film that demanded a sequel, especially one 20 years later. I'm guessing that whatever audience it finds will be mostly on the home market.

• Like 1