Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I think Logan should be okay since it has no overlap with BatB, its one of the most violent movies I've seen in awhile.  I'd be a lot more worried about Kong since is more of a family film.

What you say there makes sense. 

Anyway, I'm bewildered that people are so eager to see BatB succeed wildly. This means that we will be getting live action Lion Kings, Aladdins and all that crap as far as the eye can see...

I'm all for movies doing as good as possible, but is this the direction we really want?

• Like 1

Just now, PPZVGOS said:

What you say there makes sense. 

Anyway, I'm bewildered that people are so eager to see BatB succeed wildly. This means that we will be getting live action Lion Kings, Aladdins and all that crap as far as the eye can see...

I'm all for movies doing as good as possible, but is this the direction we really want?

The hive mind has spoken (ever since CINDERELLA).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TelemAAchos said:

We mods are all secretly pulling for KONG to over-perform and BATB to under-perform (on OW) because if that happens, @Spaghetti by the Sea will be forced to reveal a terrible, dark secret.

One that will live for eternity on BOT.

WITNESS

:sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

@TelemAAchos

All this BATB talk....I think I have our movie idea...

A street hooker who gets wisked away by a beastly corporate raider in a penthouse castle and they discover to love each other for who they are not what they are...

So.... Pretty Woman 2: Boston Boogaloo

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

guy ritchie is doing the aladdin. at least's disney's total aversion to any sort of stylistic flair will maybe block his usual directorial foolishness.

but also i'll take it if it means jude law or statham as the genie.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

guy ritchie is doing the aladdin. at least's disney's total aversion to any sort of stylistic flair will maybe block his usual directorial foolishness.

This bodes well for all sorts of angry whitewashing and cultural appropriation issues.

I wouldn´t like to annoy the fans of BATB, but why is so succesful a movie that you know everything from the first minute to the last?

It´s strange for me, cause the magic of movies, or at least one the main is  entering to a surprising and magical world seeing a movie, but when you saw the same before just in cartoons, i can´t get the interest of this....

• Like 1