Plain Old Tele

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

2ND Update, Friday 7:57 AM: We’re currently waiting for Disney’s official Thursday night Beauty and the Beast estimates. Yesterday, off early evening shows, industry forecasts estimated that previews would rake in between $12M-$14M. Two waves of previews occurred for Beauty and the Beast: At 6PM in Imax/PLF and at 7PM with regular 2D shows.

Audience scores were more than glowing for the Bill Condon-directed musical: Screen Engine/ComScore’s PostTrak shows that Thursday audiences gave Beauty and the Beast an 88% overall positive score with four-and-half stars. Close to 60% of the crowd was made up of females who gave it a 91% positive score with 53% under 25. Diving deeper into these numbers we see 68% were between 18-34, which means that Beauty and the Beast is stoking the generation who actually grew up with the original 1991 Oscar-winning movie. It’s a similar phenomenon we saw with the Finding Dory audience.

Seventy percent of last night’s crowd are definitely recommending Belle and Beast to their friends. Forty-six percent cited that the genre/type of movie was one of the reasons why they bought tickets, while 33% said the movie was part of a franchise they like.

A third of all moviegoers called out Emma Watson as the prime reason for attending.  RelishMix reports that Watson is the film’s biggest social media activator with more than 83M followers across Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and she’s continually sharing materials.

Edited by AABATTERY
  • Like 8

Just now, Jayhawk said:

Kraken is a solid rum. Pretty cheap too.

yeah I was surprised by it.  Maybe it's the spices or whatever, but I enjoyed it more than Captain Morgan and Bacardi.  Not that those two are bad, I just enjoyed the taste of Kraken better, at least this first time :P

Good to know it pretty cheap.  I think I'll pick up a small bottle and try it straight, then move back to the rum and coke.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AABATTERY said:

2ND Update, Friday 7:57 AM: We’re currently waiting for Disney’s official Thursday night Beauty and the Beast estimates. Yesterday, off early evening shows, industry forecasts estimated that previews would rake in between $12M-$14M. Two waves of previews occurred for Beauty and the Beast: At 6PM in Imax/PLF and at 7PM with regular 2D shows.

Audience scores were more than glowing for the Bill Condon-directed musical: Screen Engine/ComScore’s PostTrak shows that Thursday audiences gave Beauty and the Beast an 88% overall positive score with four-and-half stars. Close to 60% of the crowd was made up of females who gave it a 91% positive score with 53% under 25. Diving deeper into these numbers we see 68% were between 18-34, which means that Beauty and the Beast is stoking the generation who actually grew up with the original 1991 Oscar-winning movie. It’s a similar phenomenon we saw with the Finding Dory audience.

Seventy percent of last night’s crowd are definitely recommending Belle and Beast to their friends. Forty-six percent cited that the genre/type of movie was one of the reasons why they bought tickets, while 33% said the movie was part of a franchise they like.

A third of all moviegoers called out Emma Watson as the prime reason for attending.  RelishMix reports that Watson is the film’s biggest social media activator with more than 83M followers across Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and she’s continually sharing materials.

Looks like the 60/40 split we've been talking about is true.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, baumer said:

The sequel to Goon comes out today in Canada. That is the one I will be seeing tonight after work. The entire cast from the first one is returning including Sean Williams Scott Jay Baruchel Liev Schreiber and they even got actors like Elisha Cuthbert, TJ Miller and Wyatt Russell. I can't wait to see it as it looks really hilarious and it got great reviews also.

Amen Baumer. Going either tonight or tomorrow :)

• Like 1

Just now, 75live said:

yeah I was surprised by it.  Maybe it's the spices or whatever, but I enjoyed it more than Captain Morgan and Bacardi.  Not that those two are bad, I just enjoyed the taste of Kraken better, at least this first time :P

Good to know it pretty cheap.  I think I'll pick up a small bottle and try it straight, then move back to the rum and coke.

I think I did way too many shots of it in college to ever drink it straight again, but yeah I think it is spiced differently than other rums.

• Like 1

Just now, Jayhawk said:

I think I did way too many shots of it in college to ever drink it straight again, but yeah I think it is spiced differently than other rums.

yeah i haven't had it straight yet, but figured I would give it literally a shot or two :P 

I'm reading up on what's in it and I like it all so it seems very suited to my tastes

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AABATTERY said:

Still no new information there. Damn it deadline update when you have something.

7 minutes ago, 75live said:

speaking of alcohol, this one place I was at put this in my rum and coke, and man was it good :) 

rum_kra2.jpg

I never had it before, now I may go buy a bottle and I don't even really drink :P 

clever Jack Sparrow rum gif

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

This is the first time in a while that I'm not excited for preview numbers for a big movie.

I'm like that most times since I don't have that odd notion of rooting for or against films.  But since I am into the numbers anyway, I still have fun to see what happens when something huge comes around :)