Plain Old Tele

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

Just now, Poseidon said:

Yeah, this approach works as long as you were negative about the movie from the beginning. 

Double-Standard once again. 

Except I wasn't negative from the beginning.  Why the fuck would I have bought tickets to the 6PM show on opening Thursday night, that's literally titled the "opening night fan event?"  I wanted it to be good, and the trailers intrigued me.  I was hoping it wouldn't be a bland rehash of the original with some actually cool new ideas being added in.  It failed to meet these expectations.  What more do you want from me?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Except I wasn't negative from the beginning.  Why the fuck would I have bought tickets to the 6PM show on opening Thursday night, that's literally titled the "opening night fan event?"  I wanted it to be good, and the trailers intrigued me.  I was hoping it wouldn't be a bland rehash of the original with some actually cool new ideas being added in.  It failed to meet these expectations.  What more do you want from me?

lie and say it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, or even better, greatest thing that helped spawn the idea of sliced bread ;) 

Edited by 75live
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TelemAAchos said:

What? No, he's welcome to post his posts just as much as someone who loves the movie. If he posts so consistently and monotonously that he threatens to derail the thread, then that's too much and we'll ask him to stop. But he hasn't reached that point yet. 

He derailed this thread to a ridiculous 86 pages. Give me a break. There's athread for conversations like those, this has nothing to do with a thread about weekend numbers. 
If this was Star Wars weekend, this would never have happend. 
But as I said, double standard.

Just now, Poseidon said:

He derailed this thread to a ridiculous 86 pages. Give me a break. There's athread for conversations like those, this has nothing to do with a thread about weekend numbers. 

Trust me it wasn't just him who derailed this thread to 86 pages...

• Like 5

Just now, Poseidon said:

TOG isn't solely responsible for the page count. Get off your high horse.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

We make these big weekend threads early for every giant blockbuster, including both SW movies (to date).

• Like 2

Just now, Poseidon said:

Wait, what? @That One Guy isn't even close to being responsible for the past 86 pages. At least 90% of the shitposting has nothing to do with replies to him disliking the movie.

• Like 4

Just now, Poseidon said:

If you actually read the thread, you'd know a lot of the conversation revolved around pointless gifs.  Maybe 1/8th of it was about my reaction?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, commonsense88 said:

It definitely more than shot from shot, no Psycho here, and the are key changes in the third act that makes quite different.

58150685f538f352800cb5dc3923fd357a9fe342

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1