kayumanggi

A QUIET PLACE | 04.06.18 | Paramount | supernatural horror film

15 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Paramount needs a hit.

Paramount needs to differentiate themselves by dropping Transformers as soon as they can and defining themselves as a new trendsetter. In other words, they should make original content that turns heads- and with A Quiet Place and Annihilation, they are in the right path. Paramount is a legendary and iconic label, and I would hate it if bad attempts at franchising were the reason for an untimely drift into obscurity. Just my two cents.

• Like 4

My apologies for the double post, but there is something interesting I want to point out.

I have heard that the trailer for A Quiet Place is playing in front of Star Wars. I think that's huge news. Paramount has surely examined potential of horror films to be seen as event films (the success of It), and they are attempting to appeal to the mass audience because of it. The amount of effort Paramount is putting into this film deserves a thumbs up, and it is my hope that it becomes a big hit.

A Quiet Place and New Mutants are poised for quite a showdown...

• Like 1

The one thing that concerns me is that if/when the movie shines a light on what they’re hiding from, it’s going to look too silly and spoil the movie. Considering the claw marks in the house, it’s presumably some sort of creature. I don’t want to see some silly looking creature, prosthetic or CGI. I wonder if this movie would be best served if they just completely refrained from shining a light on whatever it is.

1 hour ago, Jay Beezy said:

The one thing that concerns me is that if/when the movie shines a light on what they’re hiding from, it’s going to look too silly and spoil the movie. Considering the claw marks in the house, it’s presumably some sort of creature. I don’t want to see some silly looking creature, prosthetic or CGI. I wonder if this movie would be best served if they just completely refrained from shining a light on whatever it is.

It’s hard. It can work for or against the movie. 

Its a fine line between showing too much or not enough. 

Hopefully its not another It Comes At Night. 

• Like 2