kayumanggi

A QUIET PLACE | 04.06.18 | Paramount | supernatural horror film

2 hours ago, aabattery said:

Nah nah nah nah. If they're actually mixed, then the gif is just saying they're mixed. Still works. Perfect gif.

What do BOT users think of @aabattery constantly using this gif?

SilverHatefulHarrier-size_restricted.gif

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, DAJK said:

Paramount is now kissing the ground Krasinski walks on. Their first hit in how long?

The last time they had a 100 M grosser was with a November 2017 release. DADDY'S HOME II made 104.0 M in total.

The last time they had a 200 M grosser was with a June 2014 release. TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION finished with 245.4 M.

8 hours ago, junkshop36 said:

I’m not a big horror guy. I’am DEFINITELY seeing this in theaters. Looks so fucking good!! 

I still can't muster up the courage.

I couldn't even see Get Out in theaters, which I eventually caught on TV and realized it wasn't heavy on scares.

This, for sure, sounds heavy on them so I don't think I can.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

This is SO gonna breakout. Like, 100M+ DOM is pretty plausible at this point.

And I just noticed this - April this year is pretty much what March is usually meant to be: the Summeriest non-Summer month of the year) :rofl:

Last weekend of March/1st of April - Ready Player One, a new Spielberg blockbuster based on a well known (if divisive at best) book; totally could be a bomb due to the bad marketing campaign and niche appeal, but never say never to the Spiel Man.

2nd of April - A Quiet Place, the sure fire horror breakout of the 1st 3rd of the year.

3rd of April - Rampage, The Rock's newest blockbuster after Jumanji 2; a very "so dumb it's great" looking video game monster movie.

4th of April - (nothing of notable right now)

5th of April - Avengers: Infinity War, probably the biggest in scope and most anticipated comic book movie ever released.

Probably the most stacked April I've ever seen, by a long shot :rofl:

2 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

I still can't muster up the courage.

I couldn't even see Get Out in theaters, which I eventually caught on TV and realized it wasn't heavy on scares.

This, for sure, sounds heavy on them so I don't think I can.

71SfKdLkLoL._SX522_.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Emily Blunt is the anti-Jlaw.

Constantly involved in great projects that receive good reviews and/or great box office.

You go girl !

It’s more that as a star in a movie, Blunt is also a creative collaborator whereas J-Law just seems to remain a director’s muse.