WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

Just now, Chewy said:

For those of you suffering from Warcraft Stockholm syndrome there are therapists that will help you with that. If you're in America they'll also destroy you financially but what are ya gonna do

I finally watched Warcraft last week. The info dump in that movie is so dense that they explain the same thing to audiences 3-4 times in the movie to ensure no one misses anything. The first 45 minutes is just one giant info dump.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

I haven't seen GITS and don't plan on it but I've seen a shitton of marketing material in theaters and TV and I think that every future landscape looks like a cutscene from a 1990s Playstation RPG, but I guess that my opinion is invalid and really I think it looks crappy because I'm a social justice warrior.

You got it. Now watch Manchester by the Sea and Boyhood on a 48-Hour Loop to please your inner SJW :redcapes:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Is this a "Warcraft is pretty good" Stockholm syndrome thing or is GitS actually pretty good?

Idk, I'll wait for @MrPink to weigh in

I might see it tomorrow so you all don't have to. Some people took the L for me on Warcraft, time for me to repay the favor 

• Like 1

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Great, now we're probably gonna get a bunch of dudes saying "Actually, it's not a cartoon - it's an anime." These guys just can't accept they love a fucking cartoon. It's cool, man. Lion King is dope.

I got chewed out by a certain user when I pointed out that most audiences can't tell the difference between anime and manga 

• Like 2

i got about ten minutes into warcraft before i gave up on being any kind of engaged participant and just left my body. a shell of a man (with no ghost inside) with a movie playing in front of him. it was just one of those movies where i could tell pretty quickly that it wasn't gonna go well for me.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I watched Shin Godzilla recently, and they had a Japanese actress be the American ambassador to Japan. It was hilarious because she could not even speak English correctly and we are to believe she wants to be the President of the US someday :rofl:

This, and using the fact that white american do not complain about Japanese washing like this (Nigeria production also will often cast black people playing whites and so on) to discredit people that have concern with representation in Hollywood production would be extremely unfair, it is a totally false equivalence, movie wise it is just normal for Japanese to not care or ask anything to anyone else, they have their own giant industry and it is mostly what they watch (live action wise).

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 5

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i got about ten minutes into warcraft before i gave up on being any kind of engaged participant and just left my body. a shell of a man (with no ghost inside) with a movie playing in front of him. it was just one of those movies where i could tell pretty quickly that it wasn't gonna go well for me.

You obviously never spent 8 months playing Warcraft 3 on Xtreme mode

• Like 3

Random thought, don't yell at me. 

if a movie takes place in japan, has an all japnesse cast why would you film it in english with Japanese american actors? if I was in japan why I want to see that? Japan has 400 local films a year, I'm sure they would rather see thier HOME country do that version.

Do americans wanna see a movie made with white poeple from Japan taking place in america where everyone speaks Japanese? Would that sell? If america is going to make it, why not make it american

Also unlike movies in Japan, this movie isn't for Japan, its for the world. So why not make a world cast? Not to mention Scar is just the biggest female box office star 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, franfar said:

I got chewed out by a certain user when I pointed out that most audiences can't tell the difference between anime and manga 

There's a difference?? They're all fucking cartoons. This shit is a cartoon just like Pokemon and Arthur. Guys just gotta admit that their favorite things are made with the same stylings as Dragon Tales and stuff like that. It's cool - that show was my childhood, I get it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

You obviously never spent 8 months playing Warcraft 3 on Xtreme mode

it was for the fans its true. i had no idea hatred for story structure and good acting was a huge part of the warcraft fandom but it must be.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

There's a difference?? They're all fucking cartoons. This shit is a cartoon just like Pokemon and Arthur. Guys just gotta admit that their favorite things are made with the same stylings as Dragon Tales and stuff like that. It's cool - that show was my childhood, I get it.

hell yeah, dragon tales

But yes, I couldn't drag myself out of bed to learn the minutiae  

1 minute ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Random thought, don't yell at me. 

if a movie takes place in japan, has an all japnesse cast why would you film it in english with Japanese american actors? if I was in japan why I want to see that? Japan has 400 local films a year, I'm sure they would rather see thier HOME country do that version.

Do americans wanna see a movie made with white poeple from Japan taking place in america where everyone speaks Japanese? Would that sell? If america is going to make it, why not make it american

Also unlike movies in Japan, this movie isn't for Japan, its for the world. So why not make a world cast? Not to mention Scar is just the biggest female box office star 

I agree. Change everything of the setting and make it American, that would definitely help for sure. You will have fans of the anime yelling but that is a small minority.

• Like 4

I got no strong feelings about ScarJo being the lead in this movie but I'm also a simpleton and I understand that.

Lotta other simpletons out there gotta get mad about the pushback instead of just accepting it's how some ppl feel and a valid point of conversation.

• Like 1

Look as Jay pointed out there's complexity to the white washing debate that's worth talking about. The problem is that with fanboy culture the way it is any attempt to have a discussion about or even point out a movie looks bad outside of the issue is greeted with a thousand people saying "PC libtards!!" and enumerating how their newest fanboy masterpiece couldn't actually be hated - it's all just a plot against a movie and their fans by evil critics and liberals. Shit is fucking toxic. And then you always have a few guys like clockwork on the whole "Well, I know a black guy who doesn't think this is a problem!" thing and hoisting him up as the voice of every non-white person around the world. 

• Like 4

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I'm pretty sure the difference between anime and manga is that an anime is a cartoon and a manga is a comic book so your wrong about it all being cartoons. :ph34r:

• Like 4