WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

oh god am I gonna find out Kurt Russell is a red hat

dude i don't know if he uses linux or not. He claims to be a libertarian though so there is that.

Just now, MrPink said:

He's a 'Libertarian'

We know every libertarian in Hollywood because it's the first thing libertarians tell anyone. They're like vegans and Phish fans - they'll tell you within five minutes of meeting them. I'd hate to meet a vegan libertarian Phish fan, they'd be a very confused individual.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

True. Still around too bigly. Mark Wahlberg and Liam Neeson been making the same kinda shit for ten years. Box office has greatly diminished for it, so who knows. 

Also, Daddy's Home 2 is coming out with Mark Wahlberg and his father Mel Gibson. Apparently the action marketplace dried up so they've taken over mediocre family comedies. 

commando-gun.png

Films, no Masterpieces like Commando are the essence of filmmaking. Its perfect for all the wrong/right reasons.

4 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

I think Ghost in the shell can still make $30M OW. I mean, yesterday's pre-sales were weak until late night and it did $1.8M of previews. I think it's a sign that walkups are strong.

If it hits the high end, that's a 4.72x on its Preview to OD multi. Other films by comparison:

Split: 7.3x

Get Out: 6x (had the same previews as GITS)

Life: 5.5x

Kong: 5.43x

John Wick: 5x

PR: 4.14x

Logan: 3.47x

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

We know every libertarian in Hollywood because it's the first thing libertarians tell anyone. They're like vegans and Phish fans - they'll tell you within five minutes of meeting them. I'd hate to meet a vegan libertarian Phish fan, they'd be a very confused individual.

@Cmasterclay, let me tell you about a book I read called "The Fountainhead". It'll change your life.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

commando-gun.png

Films, no Masterpieces like Commando are the essence of filmmaking. Its perfect for all the wrong/right reasons.

I love the Arnold movies because he was the only one of these guys who seemed to be in on the joke. Everything Arnold did had a wink to it. And he picked great projects. I love Stallone in Rocky and Creed but otherwise always been a hard no on that dude. Too much macho shit for me. Sorry Coolio. The other guys are lames. Just not my era of filmmaking for the most part. 

• Like 4