WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

I agree and I clearly mean the movies associated with those numbers but again the main forum and main weekend thread is first and foremost a numbers thread. Fair? Clearly it can get dry and slow but sometimes that ok for simple organization sake. If we want to F around completely off topic, there is a thread for that we all are familiar with just a bit below this.

Not everybody likes to join there even when they goof off in the weekend thread. The Classic Conversation Thread is typically the same 15 people :sadben:

But it is what it is. Obviously it's gotten out of hand this weekend, I didn't necessarily have a problem with it for BatB.

• Like 6

So uh, this is kinda random but my dad is in town so a bunch of my friends were like "say hi to your dad for me!" I told him and he was like "say hi back for me, and I guess you can say hi to your internet buddies or whatever too. Did the old guy ( @Telerian ) see Life yet? Tell him don't bother, it SUCKED"

(I guess I make jokes about my dad's age a lot so he's gotta do it at some point too :lol: )

• Like 6

I don't see going off-topic as being overly problematic. This may be a box office forum, but at the end of the day it's also nice to see people coming together and being a community. And short of a total ban of GIFs and off-topic discussion, there's not much anyone can do about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

It's when the conversation gets nasty and personal (like this weekend) that it becomes an issue.

• Like 4

Good opening weekend for Boss Baby, probably headed towards around 50 million. Another solid hold for BatB, but maybe not as great as thought. GiTS is struggling.

I really don't feel that 100 posts of that adds anything more than talking about whatever hilarious bullshit we get off about. I get it when there's truly things to debate and break down, but we've kinda run out of analysis on a super tame and predictable weekend like this. 

• Like 1

About the same amount MT had on GITS and PR a few pages ago for tickets sales. lol Let's see PR only projected to make 13 or 14M. So only GITS 16-17M?

Edited by Momo

I understand the off-topic conversations are sometimes over the top but like the numbers are all updated in the thread title and I'm 99% sure theyre updated on the first page. If theyre not updated on the first page then maybe just have someone update the first page like they do with the thread title and also include which page numbers theyre found at. 

I don't know. I like weekend threads because its when a bunch of members come together, talk numbers, talk the movies and yea at times go off topic. 

BUT i also get where the criticism is coming from and how it can be extremely annoying to go through a bunch of gif filled pages...especially when youre on mobile. 

Just now, Eevin said:

The biggest heroes this weekend are clearly the mods. Props to them for keeping their cool while wading through so much garbage.

Stop kissing ass. You're only doing this because you were half the problem this weekend :ph34r::P

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Momo said:

Can't get over how bad GITS is doing. I had it at 21M prediction few days ago,but I didn't actually think it go below that.

@Cmasterclay @filmlover @WrathOfHan and I all thought it could very well go under $20M. 

Its actually not that shocking. Its just shocking because of where the expectations for the film in terms of tracking were just two weeks ago.