WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

3 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

Yes, watch the interviews with Jordan Peele where he pretty much claims that every studio denied the movie because of the topic, and that he covered the budget of the movie ALL BY HIMSELF because no one else believed in it, and that he had to reached out to Jason Blum who eventually convinced Universal to release/promote it. Universal wants to cut its legs short because the success of the movie will force them to start to invest money in movies that involve black/brown people and they are not happy about that idea

Insert Ryan Gosling from the Academy Award night after he was told that Moonlight won best picture.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davincicode1 said:

Yes, watch the interviews with Jordan Peele where he pretty much claims that every studio denied the movie because of the topic, and that he covered the budget of the movie ALL BY HIMSELF because no one else believed in it, and that he had to reached out to Jason Blum who eventually convinced Universal to release/promote it. Universal wants to cut its legs short because the success of the movie will force them to start to invest money in movies that involve black/brown people and they are not happy by that idea

*sigh* Okay, I'll bite. How will this movie being an even bigger success than it already is "force" Universal to hire more minorities? Furthermore, as long as the profits are going to the WHITE executives, why would they care about the color of the actors who made it for them? That's the thing about dollars: no one's prejudiced against the color green.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, davincicode1 said:

Yes, watch the interviews with Jordan Peele where he pretty much claims that every studio denied the movie because of the topic, and that he covered the budget of the movie ALL BY HIMSELF because no one else believed in it, and that he had to reached out to Jason Blum who eventually convinced Universal to release/promote it. Universal wants to cut its legs short because the success of the movie will force them to start to invest money in movies that involve black/brown people and they are not happy about that idea

Did Universal release it or no? Did they not invest in it or no? 

Newsflash....studios turn down ideas for films all the time. They also green light those same films sometimes and end up with a hit on their hands. 

Welcome to the film industry. 

• Like 3

Hmm, I was hoping PR would hold a little better. I think the problem is that it's too slow and interpersonal to be a kids movie, but it gets too silly at times to attract a general audience. I'd like to see a sequel, if only to see the characters again.

Edited by cory

10 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

yeesh. stuff like this is why i'm not an april fool's day fan.

1 hour ago, Fancyarcher said:

Marketing will probably be upped quite a bit, though. 

I imagine the days of $120m+ budgets are gone now, I suspect everything will be outsourced to get budgets under $100m

9 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Gifted was trailer stalking me from January to late February and it looked like death.

Once it's out though they'll stop running the trailer ad nauseam!

Unforgettable has the vibe of one of those Screen Gems thrillers though seems to be going for a slightly different audience. If Heigl flops even playing the psycho villain, she is probably done in movies like she is on network TV, I guess her next move would be some Hulu/Amazon deal that at least doesn't get cancelled after two episodes. 

Have you all noticed that only me and that Indonesian poster have expressed happiness over these "GO" numbers, literally EVERYONE ELSE is being bitter by attacking me for simply celebrating it's success.

Edited by davincicode1

The crowded March probably hurt Logan's legs. For a movie which came in with such big buzz and great reviews and an over performing OW, it  got lost in the pop culture conversation post opening. Will end below X3 as well despite looking good to go over initially. 

It did great for sure, but could have been the mainstay instead of being overshadowed by Kong, BATB, PR and Boss Baby in consecutive weekends.

• Like 1

Just now, davincicode1 said:

Have you all noticed that only me and that Indonesian poster have expressed happiness over these "GO" numbers, literally EVERYONE ELSE is being bitter by attacking me for celebrating it's success.

No one is attacking you for celebrating its success. Folks are calling you out for your excessive trolling and your race baiting in every thread you enter. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

Have you all noticed that only me and that Indonesian poster have expressed happiness over these "GO" numbers, literally EVERYONE ELSE is being bitter by attacking me for simply celebrating it's success.

tenor.gif

• Like 5

GITS looking for low to mid 20's tops. Slightly more than half of Lucy. Pretty piss poor performance. Will it be the Warcraft of 2017? At least the wom doesn't seem that bad off the bat. A shame, though.

Boss Baby at least keeping the final weekend of an explosive March somewhat stable. Its OD is similar enough to Home. Should it have an also similar multiplier, its looking to be DreamWorks' fourth mid to high 40M+ opener in a row, the third original among those. For a studio that is considered a bit of a has-been, DWA is still hitting it strong, admitedly.

Edited by MCKillswitch123