Eric Prime

Weekend Box Office: Friday #s (DHD Pg 9) BB 6.78M, BATB 6.55M, Smurfs 4M, Going in Style 4.2M, GITS 2.1M, PR 1.6M, Kong 1.5M

Expecting BatB to behave like its second weekend where there were roughly the same K-12 out of school and no major new competition.

Friday 6.8-7 (+115-120%)

Sat.   10.9-11.5 (+60-65%)

Sun 7.6-8.6 (-25-30%)

25.3-27.1

BB should have a bigger Friday jump since it's geared more to kids but it'll still be muted as compared to normal schooldays. 

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

That's the same drop Home in its second weekend against F7. Remember, it's dealing with both Smurfs and Beast.

Can't use that weekend since Easter plays very differently from regular weekends. That deadline number is right in line with where it should be for about a 150% increase and it will go up between 85 and 100 tomorrow so upper 20s at a minimum. 

Hoping that the holdovers all can have good drops this weekend (especially Kong, i want to know what happens if it crosses 175M) before F8 causes inevitable declines.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Hoping that the holdovers all can have good drops this weekend (especially Kong, i want to know what happens if it crosses 175M) before F8 causes inevitable declines.

If Kong gets 5.3 this weekend, the cume will be 156.

Next weekend F8 will have an effect and it's tough to see it get 19 more for 175.

I think 170 is the most it will do and might fall short of it by a couple million.

Still a great result. At 168.5 it will have added the same amount after it's ow as Godzilla did.

The gap in their cume after the ow was 32 (61.2 vs 93.2) and in the end that's about how much it will be.

Just now, franfar said:

We had 7 pages of memes on the Thursday before BatB weekend. This weekend is pathetic! 

At this point, it'll be lucky to reach 50 posts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RiffRanger said:

I've never been completely alone in a theater.  The closest I got was way back in 1997 when my best friend and I (both 13) saw a matinee of Dante's Peak in like its fourth week of release.  It was just us and one other guy who showed up after the trailers started and needlessly sat like two seats away from us.  I've been in plenty of mostly empty theaters, but never solo.

I saw Goosebumps alone with only a family member. Was damn surreal