Ezen Baklattan

THE THREAD OF THE FURIOUS: Friday #s (DHD, Pg 36) F8 45.5M, BB 6.6M, BATB 5.3M, Smurfs 2.9M, GIS 2.1M

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Dom comes into money and forgets his family, becomes a billionaire with a BDSM kink and hires Dakota Johnson as his assistant. Fifty Shades of Fast and Furious Sex

:ph34r:

• Like 1

F8 was pretty dang good. Better than F7 and maybe F5, not as good as F6, which is my favorite. Unlike 7, I felt the action sequences here were just the right length and right scale, and there was some good heart. You kinda see the twists coming, but then you don't. I think FGG did a good job. My audience was dead, but most of the jokes landed with me, personally.

It's a shame because this would be the perfect one to end the franchise on, but we know that won't happen.

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Bond already did it

I need them to be on the actual moon this time. None of this government testing facility bullshit. I need that low-acclaimed science-fiction film Gravity goofball car chase.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

So what does everyone expect from next weekend? Unforgettable will be the biggest movie and even it probably won't even cross $10M.

Unforgettable: 8M

The Promise: 4M

Free Fire: 3.5M

Born in China: 3M

Phoenix Forgotten: 2M

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Unforgettable: 8M

The Promise: 4M

Free Fire: 3.5M

Born in China: 3M

Phoenix Forgotten: 2M

I wouldn't be surprised by sub-$1M for Free Fire tbh. Reviews are solid but A24 hasn't given it much of a marketing push at all (no ads on TV, etc.), and the theater count is likely to be very low.

I still don't have a clue what Phoenix Forgotten is.

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'd like to see Fast Nine film in somewhere like Sydney, the Gold Coast and/or the Outback. 

One of the next 2 movies will definitely have a chase sequence filmed on the great wall. China is the biggest market for these movies, filming there next is just logical.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'd like to see Fast Nine film in somewhere like Sydney, the Gold Coast and/or the Outback. 

That's a great idea. I'd love a Fast film set in Australia! 

I also want the Canadian Rockies to get some love!

Edited by JB33
  • Like 3