kayumanggi

GEMINI MAN | Oct 11 19 | Paramount | Estimated to lose 111.1M

Smith has been shooting this in Cartagena de Indias and has charmed the whole city and most of the country. Dude is a star. There's a video of a stray dog ruining a scene that has gone low-key viral

This movie looks interesting and can be quite unpredictable because it is not based on IP materials. Currently it is opening the same week as mid-budgeted Joker, which currently has a lot of buzz.  Mid-to-late November is currently empty. It would be a good place for a big-budget actioner such as Gemini Man to move in.

17 minutes ago, Neucentro said:

This movie looks interesting and can be quite unpredictable because it is not based on IP materials. Currently it is opening the same week as mid-budgeted Joker, which currently has a lot of buzz.  Mid-to-late November is currently empty. It would be a good place for a big-budget actioner such as Gemini Man to move in.

October looks like a mess next year. This, Joker, The Woman in the Window, The Addams Family, The Goldfinch, Zombieland 2, and You Are My Friend in a three-week span? Some of these are gonna definitely move.

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

October looks like a mess next year. This, Joker, The Woman in the Window, The Addams Family, The Goldfinch, Zombieland 2, and You Are My Friend in a three-week span? Some of these are gonna definitely move.

This and You Are My Friend will probably be the ones to move out of the month. The former will get drowned out by Joker (and Zombieland somewhat), and the latter would play much better over Thanksgiving or Christmas.

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

With literally 2 theaters being able to play 120fps currently, they better show it to critics in normal 22fps to avoid the awful reviews. And Lee: 120fps :: Zemeckis: Uncanny Valley

BILLY LYNN in 120 FPS was mesmerizing and a different experience from the HOBBITs. Really interested in this, for some reason I hadn’t known about the high frame rate. 

Just now, Telemachos said:

BILLY LYNN in 120 FPS was mesmerizing and a different experience from the HOBBITs. Really interested in this, for some reason I hadn’t known about the high frame rate. 

Which only 2 theaters could show. If they push 120fps, I see a Billy Lynn 2.0 coming. Don’t push it, show critics a normal version and this may not bomb.

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Which only 2 theaters could show. If they push 120fps, I see a Billy Lynn 2.0 coming. Don’t push it, show critics a normal version and this may not bomb.

Of course they’re gonna have a 24 FPS version, it needs an actual release. I’m sure they’ll show the 120 FPS version to at least some critics, though. 

8 hours ago, grim22 said:

It’s impossible for this to bomb as horribly as Billy Lynn did (forgot that movie made less than $2M until I checked BOM for a refresh, yikes).

Lol at today's "cinephiles", fake guardians  of the Movie Temple, happy to keep people in the dark ages of movie technology, for what, 120 years ?

It s amazing to me how these people are anti-progress, reminds of certain groups of the past I won't name.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

higher framerate sounds good to me. the hobbit in 48fps did not help that it was so much CGI animation and that it was in 3D. it's a shame that so few filmmakers even try (or are allowed to try) to advance technology in filmmaking, and then when the ones who do - Ang Lee, James Cameron, Peter Jackson, George Lucas - they are met with so much resistance.

• Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Honestly, I love the HFR on The Hobbit and I love the 4K 60fps version of Billy Lynn (on the UHD Blu Ray), but I'll take 24 fps over 48 and 60 for both. The halftime show in Billy Lynn, in 60fps (can't imagine in 120) had a power to it that the 24fps version doesn't have but otherwise 24fps all the way.

For Avatar 2 and co, it could be perfectly well suited though. It's not being anti-progress though, the truth is, it just looks too jarring to most people and I get it, it feels very weird even though it works beautifully with action. 

Edited by TimmyRiggins