kayumanggi

KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON | 10.20.2023 | Paramount | final gross: $68,026,901

5 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

I have doubts about Oppenheimer's chances, not due to quality, but due to the Academy trending away from epic historical films towards smaller modern films. Assuming they're great, would be nice to see the Academy embrace epics like that one and this movie again though. 

Uh, this movie is a much a epic historical film as Oppenheimer is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

Let's see what "Oppenheimer" and Ridley Scott's film on Napoleon are like before making a statement like that.

Nolan and Scott will have to severely up their game from their latest features to match Scorsese coz Tenet and House of Gucci/The Last Duel level ain't gonna cut it.

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Be interesting to see if this manages to do reasonably well with the mainstream like Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

It's a horrifically depressing story that I don't think many people will be able to digest 3+ hours of.

Then again, the trailer does seem like Peele-esque sociopolitical horror at some parts so that could draw in audiences.

The movie is going to be a conversation starter for sure, which is incredibly necessary even tho the anti-'Race Theory' idiots will start their nonsense again.

10 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Be interesting to see if this manages to do reasonably well with the mainstream like Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

I hope and think this will be miles better than OUATIH. I hated that movie, but no way box office wise it comes close to Hollywood. I think the target for this should be like 60-70M

It's an interesting trailer and all and granted, it does have Scorsese name attached to it meaning it'll be of high quality, I'm just not sure what audience this is geared towards??

1 hour ago, ThePhasmid said:

Judging by the competition, and some relatively large disappointments so far, there's no way this doesn't end up out of contention.

I think it's showing out of competition at Cannes. Maybe they can give it an honorary something.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I think it's showing out of competition at Cannes. Maybe they can give it an honorary something.

That's what I meant. The big legacy films/directors are not faring so well right now. I think Scorsese will exit the festival with high praise (out of competition).

• Like 1

The trailer gave me Gang of New york vibe. 

Scorsese has always been one of my the greatest director of all time, and I love him even more after what he said about MCU. I hope this one can make a $300m+ worldwide, especially with help of Leo's drawing power in overseas. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1