kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | 19.4 M FATE OF THE FURIOUS | 12 M HOW TO BE LATIN LOVER | 10.1 M BAAHUBALI II | 9.3 M THE CIRCLE

Bahubali 2 is in local theatres in the  Hindi, Malayalam and Telugu versions plus also Tamil in Sydney. I'm pretty I've only ever seen the Hindi version released here. 

Just now, DeeCee said:

Bahubali 2 is in local theatres in the  Hindi, Malayalam and Telugu versions plus also Tamil in Sydney. I'm pretty I've only ever seen the Hindi version released here. 

The Indians are taking over!!!

1 minute ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Sub $5M would be a pretty awful hold for Fate.

Looking at another 50%+ drop this weekend despite no real competition (and will certainly have another coming next weekend). It's likely gonna finish with less than the adjusted gross of the original 2001 movie ($220M) at this point.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I enjoyed the hell out of Jennifer Lawrence's performance in American Hustle, even if it was plainly obvious that she was far too young for the role.

That was a tough role to pull off, lots of mood swings within one scene. She was great. I didn't like the movie at all, though. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, trifle said:

Fox wanted Jen too. The movie was greenlit because of Jen.  In those circumstances it is hard to say someone else should have gotten the role. And Russel altered the script so Joy never went to college, whereas the real Joy did and didn't get married etc until after that. It wasn't strictly following Joy's story, including on her age. Regardless, I was just reacting to your consistent use of Jen as your sole example.  It is obvious to anyone that the disparity you are talking about exists.  And every veteran big name actress I know of except Meryl Streep benefited when they were younger (a short window) and suffered from it ever after.  Maybe Helen Mirren.

Can I add Maggie Smith and Judi Dench on that list? I have no idea that Maggie Smith was nominated for the Oscars in the 60s and 70s. All I know is that she's Professor McGonagall.

Judi Dench should also be included. She's TV actress in the 70s before she became a star in the Bond movies.

1 minute ago, Webslinger said:

That would be a solid turn-around for Fate of the Furious after the sub-$5 million projections from earlier.

Nah, that link is from 8 hours ago. It's just being posted now.

7 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

http://deadline.com/2017/04/emma-watson-the-circle-fate-of-the-furious-weekend-box-office-how-to-be-a-latin-lover-1202079002/

6.00 M FATE OF THE FURIOUS

4.00 M BAAHUBALI: THE CONCLUSION

3.75 M THE CIRCLE

2.50 M HOW TO BE A LATIN LOVER

4 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

That would be a solid turn-around for Fate of the Furious after the sub-$5 million projections from earlier.

Its from noon, almost 9 hours ago

BAHB2 extremely frontloaded as expected but still a stellar performance with just 450 theater count.

I think it's Fri estimates will be 4-4.5 and F8's will be 5.5-6.

F8 could have a sub 50% drop which would be a good hold. Looking at 19-21. That put's in on track for 230 or a bit higher.

I am thinking about 232 which will be 2.35x multiplier. Even though the multiplier for the franchise has been steady it has reduced a bit which is expected.

F6 was 2.45x, F7 was 2.40x and F8 will be closer to 2.35x. But with previews starting progressively sooner, this trend and consistency in legs is pretty great.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

I get why studios regard the weekend before summer as a veritable dumping ground - do you really want to gamble wrong and open a week before a Spider-Man/Avengers/etc. that devours every single demographic? - but it still sucks that there's such a lull in the last weekend in April unless the top opener in the first May weekend isn't a sure thing (see: 2011, when Fast Five bowed ahead of Thor and ended up beating it handily in opening and final grosses).