kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | 19.4 M FATE OF THE FURIOUS | 12 M HOW TO BE LATIN LOVER | 10.1 M BAAHUBALI II | 9.3 M THE CIRCLE

36 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

With respect to American Hustle I found J-Law miscast in the role. That was a role that would have better suited a more mature actress.

It was written for her.  If she hadn't done it the part wouldn't have been in the movie.  It wasn't originally. She did it at the last moment instead of taking a break between films because DOR asked her to. And she clearly did well by the role.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trifle said:

It was written for her.  If she hadn't done it the part wouldn't have been in the movie.  It wasn't originally. She did it at the last moment instead of taking a break between films because DOR asked her to. And she clearly did well by the role.

Then it was intentionally miscast. And I disagree on the last part. Oscar nominations aren't always given to deserving recipients.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Then it was intentionally miscast. And I disagree on the last part. Oscar nominations aren't always given to deserving recipients.

Well, we can agree to disagree on her performance.

I preferred JLaw in AH over SLP her performance was so gloriously bananas. Its the sort of role you don't see actresses get to do that much being the comic relief kind of like Marisa Tomei in My cousin Vinny. 

I would love for DOR to have JLaw star in a comedy like Huckabees 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

and here you thought you were hip and young and in the know

I follow movie news ordinarily and even I didn't know about this movie until it showed up in the Tracking thread earlier this week.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1