kayumanggi

BLACK PANTHER | 646.8 M overseas ● 1346.9 M worldwide

Just now, the beast said:

whats the high end domestically?

DP added 2.50x the 3rd weekend to it's cume.

Wonder Woman added 3.34x the 3rd weekend to it's cume.

Thinking 2.75-3.25x for BP. Gives 180-215 more for about 680-720 dom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

too small atm.

397 with a 56 weekend.

should add:

130 in current markets

100+ in china

15 in russia

10 in japan

652+ os

675 is realistic imo. and a similar amount dom for 1350 ww.

The 56M OS weekend includes Russia and Japan. 130+10+15 = 155M from current markets, meaning you're projecting a multiplier close to 4x, when the average "late" legs for SH movies are around 3x. Considering the movie's OS reception is far from the DOM one, that looks unlikely. A more realistic projection is 510/520M OS without China.

Edited by Omni
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Omni said:

The 56M OS weekend includes Russia and Japan. 130+10+15 = 155M from current markets, meaning you're projecting a multiplier close to 4x, when the average "late" legs for SH movies are around 3x. Considering the movie's OS reception is far from the DOM one, that looks unlikely. A more realistic projection is 510/520M OS without China.

China is around 95-110M

Edited by bangbingchan

On 3/5/2018 at 1:48 AM, Omni said:

didn't know russia and japan released. would guess 525 os-ch + 100 ch = 625 os (675 dom for 1300 ww)

Edited by a2knet

7 minutes ago, Proxima Olive said:

It will fall between IM3  and Frozen WW.

Anyway, biggest solo superhero movie WW.

Isn't that contradictory? Since Queen Elsa is a superhero to millions of people around the world.

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

37 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So is BP doing well in Japan or not?

There seems to be some confusion for some reason.

It's doing average. 2.4m opening. Higher than all 2017 SH films except Spiderman (That's the only superhero they care about) expecting 13m when all is said and done

• Like 1

I didn´t like the movie at all. And I thin that the movie is not that into "diversity", its a product. I like that studios think that they have to make more diverse films, but don´t be naibe, studios want money, not to change minds. Wonder Woman was suposed to be a movie about a strong women, and even if it was good it wasn´t that strong, it was not a movie about gender equality, it was just a movie with a strong character but nothing else (a lot of things in the movie are not feminist at all). Movies are movies, and i think that BP was really boring. Obviously most of the people in the USA don´t agree with me, but not every country in the world thinks like USA, they need other thing in a movie to like it. I expect really bad legs in China, it's not an action packed movie like they like. 

• Thanks 1