kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

1 hour ago, peludo said:

Avengers will be enormous, but I bet for The Lion King. IMO, it can beat Avatar

I think Lion King will beat Avengers 4 too, but I'm curious about its OS prospects. Was the original animated film huge enough in developing and developed markets? To beat Avatar, it would have to extremely positive reception and hype in all the major markets (especially China). The Lion King would basically have to triple the Jungle Book's WW gross to beat Avatar, and that just seems like a ridiculously high milestone to reach. I just don't know if it's that popular to have both a giant opening and fantastic legs in every market. 

1 hour ago, bladels said:

Might miss $1B OS-China :(.

I was a little too optimistic but consider IW's monster opening, a little frontloadness is warranted.

My math still has it at $1.014B OS-China tho.

It still has a shot. I think by end of this weekend it will be at 705-715m OS for a 140-145m OS weekend including Russia OW. Even 50% drops from there gets it to 850m

Last week it made about 180 over the weekdays. Since the numbers are inflated due to holidays on Mon-Tue in some places lets use 60% drops. Even with 60% drops it will make about 120m more over weekdays. This takes it to a total of 970m OS. 

Obviously it is not going to continue having 50-60% drops week after week. It will stabilize and start having sub 50% drops. So it can pull the extra 30m still. It will be tough but not impossible. 

4 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

That was the only movie to be worth it in 3D so it's deserved...3D was so useless after that.

Um, Doctor Strange. I know many people don't like it, I myself rate it 6/10 but it's 3D was tremendous.

Another contender is Gravity.

1 minute ago, oMeriMombatti said:

Um, Doctor Strange. I know many people don't like it, I myself rate it 6/10 but it's 3D was tremendous.

Another contender is Gravity.

I didn't watch them in 3D, I stopped years ago to do that, I always go for 2D.

As for Strange I really liked the movie, one of the best origins movie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, peludo said:

Avengers will be enormous, but I bet for The Lion King. IMO, it can beat Avatar

That would mean around 2,2x Beauty's gross. Lion King will pull in giant numbers no doubt, but it arguably won't have the virtual universal appeal or exchange rates that Avatar had. 

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

If anyone exepected a great hold after the insane opening last weekend then that person would be insane himself. I expected a 60% drop and it is heading right towards it. If expectations are based on logic and data rather than mindleas hope then one wont be disappointed 

Yep. When It opened to almost every major market at once and crushed so many opening weekend records worldwide plus some holidays worldwide earlier in the week, it only seemed logical that it was in for a sizable drop this week. 

Edited by Belle

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

It still has a shot. I think by end of this weekend it will be at 705-715m OS for a 140-145m OS weekend including Russia OW. Even 50% drops from there gets it to 850m

Last week it made about 180 over the weekdays. Since the numbers are inflated due to holidays on Mon-Tue in some places lets use 60% drops. Even with 60% drops it will make about 120m more over weekdays. This takes it to a total of 970m OS. 

Obviously it is not going to continue having 50-60% drops week after week. It will stabilize and start having sub 50% drops. So it can pull the extra 30m still. It will be tough but not impossible. 

We have to remember that Deadpool is coming in less than 2 weeks 

May 15th on some countries so that will hurt IW a bit in a lot of places

3 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

After Avatar only SW passed 1B without China  +/-1.07B (and Christmas helped TFA

is not easy in these days to reach 1B Os

It's going to be increasingly easy over the time thanks to fast-growing Indonesia, Mexico, Brazil, Philippines, Turkey, India...

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

It's going to be increasingly easy over the time thanks to fast-growing Indonesia, Mexico, Brazil, Philippines, Turkey, India...

With better ER ... 

yes probably with Avengers 5 will have a big increase in these markets 

21 minutes ago, UserHN said:

For a realistic chance at $2B gross.

With 900M Os + 700M Dom IW need “only” 400M from China , I know is not locked but wait and see what happens

Grace probably is a troll 

Edited by fabiopazzo2