kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Secret Invasion would be a logical next step for Avengers 5 imo. Not just because the Kree-Skrull War is being introduced in Captain Marvel, but because, with the Secret Invasion, it would force the fans to go back and revisit MCU movies in order to figure out if there had been any impostors infiltrated in the movies all along. Plus, as an added bonus, they could build to Galactus, similar to having used Loki as Thanos' henchman and then dropping the Thanos bombshell in the Avengers 1 mid-credits scene.

Im not that big of a fan of Galactus to be honest. I dont think he will translate onto the big screen that well. He will just come off as Thanos 2.0. 

I think MCU should go for someone like Dr. Doom or even Kang (I would have said Magneto too but xmen have spoiled him), someone who can be developed properly, someone more human like, rather than a big bad emotionless villain. 

I wouldnt even mind if they forego the traditional hero vs villain format and go for something different like House of M or xmen vs Avengers

Of course X-Men and Fantastic Four is Marvel (as usual) does a good job of building them up to General Audiences then either one of them could be a nice hook for Avengers 5. I think I'd just like for Phase 4 to be mostly standalone adventures and if you want to lay the groundwork for a new "Big Bad" introduce that idea in Avengers 5. 

13 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

It's going to be increasingly easy over the time thanks to fast-growing Indonesia, Mexico, Brazil, Philippines, Turkey, India...

Yeah, but the simple point that it is possible, but not likely for IW to reach 1B despite being one of the highest if not the highest grossing (hollywood) film there, shows that the old markets (UK, Germany, Japan, France) are still needed to get to 1B OS-China and yes in ten years that will be different, but right now, they aren't big enough (money wise, not adm. wise, as adm.-wise they they probably all (Turkey maybe not) are already bigger than at least Germany)

26 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Avatar 2 will also be released by Disney in 2020 (assuming the Fox deal is completed). That is the one movie to watch in terms of box office. It has a realistic chance of becoming the top-grossing movie of 2020 worldwide. Disney doesn't have an Avengers/Star Wars movie scheduled for that year, unless one of their live-action fairy-tale movies breaks out big and suddenly tops Avatar 2.

I don't think any live-action fairy-tale apart from TLK is big enough to have a chance against Avatar 2 (because if Cameron goes crazy again with visuals, Disney's marketing power, and hopefully a good story and interesting characters, I think Avatar 2 will win (As it most likely will perform incredible strong in China), well an people still need to be interested in Avatar, but I wouldn't underestimate Cameron)

Edited by Taruseth
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

We don't even know if Avatar is still a powerful franchise...the 1st one released almost 9 years ago and benefit from 3D tech...I don't feel any hype or interest in Avatar 2 to be honest...

Things changed since 2009/2010, new trends appeared.

Even if Avatar doesnt make 2-3 billion per movie it will still at least make a billion plus. It just doesnt make sense to release a movie alongside another billion dollar grosser. They will just cannibalize each other

5 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I don't know the comics, but is Galactus a match against Thanos?

Galactus is one of the cosmic entities. He predates the universe and is hence the first and oldest in the universe. He is one of the most powerful being in the Marvel universe with not many people above him. 

He is far far more powerful than Thanos. But Thanos with all the infinity stones is more powerful than Galactus.

But note that Thanos in the movie is severely underpowered for obvious reasons. With all the stones Thanos should be able to beat all the MCU heroes and villains combined effortlessly. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Secret Invasion sucks ass. Would be a terrible decision.

The Civil War storyline kinda blows too in the comics, but the movie was good (imo) if a bit unfocused. If they know how to make the appropriate creative changes (and they do that all the time), it'd be fine.

13 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I don't know the comics, but is Galactus a match against Thanos?

Against Thanos with all six Stones? He's a step below. Thanos with the Gauntlet can basically manipulate all reality at will. 

But Galactus is the closest you can get to following Thanos right now (I'd rather wait for later down the line to build to Dr. Doom; he's been hurt way too many times by the horrible Fantastic Four attempts). What makes him such an interesting character is that he's not necessarily an evil monster: he's just a force of nature that has to feed on planets to survive, murdering hundreds of thousands of innocents along the way for his self-preservation (and he kills those innocents on purpose since the more populated planets have more nutrients for him). The more fully fed he is, the more omnipowerful he becomes. He'd be a perfect foe for the next mega overarching MCU narrative. And the Galactus storyline would also introduce Silver Surfer and possibly the rebooted Fantastic Four to the MCU as well.

@ZeeSoh I agree that Galactus could come off as Thanos 2.0 in the wrong hands. Especially because MCU Thanos also has that "it's not a burden I want to bear, but have to" side to him (though Thanos is clearly evil and deranged, while Galactus literally has no choice but to feed on others' pain for survival). But sooner or later, they're gonna have to use him; and with Thanos elevating the stakes to universe-busting levels, Galactus sounds like a good follow-up (eventually). Kang and Doom I'd rather use later down the line. House Of M is a great idea too, and I'd be surprised if they don't do it sooner than later as well. Avengers Vs. X-Men.... ehh, if Galactus is Thanos 2.0, AVX is basically Civil War 2.0 and I don't think it would work as a movie, unless they pre-estabilish the new X-Men plentifully.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

The Civil War storyline kinda blows too in the comics, but the movie was good (imo) if a bit unfocused. If they know how to make the appropriate creative changes (and they do that all the time), it'd be fine.

Civil War was more salvageable. Backbone of that idea is heroes vs heroes. Secret Invasion relies on a really shitty twist in which all the characters you've grown to love over the years turn out to not be those characters. It'll just be confusing for the GA and it's just really dumb overall.

Anywho, verging off topic here with this discussion but that's my piece on it. Back to OS numbers. :ph34r:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Civil War was more salvageable. Backbone of that idea is heroes vs heroes. Secret Invasion relies on a really shitty twist in which all the characters you've grown to love over the years turn out to not be those characters. It'll just be confusing for the GA and it's just really dumb overall.

Anywho, verging off topic here with this discussion but that's my piece on it. Back to OS numbers. :ph34r:

Oh, I agree that the execution of it was kinda forced, but the concept itself (the Skrulls secretly trying to replace all of humanity's most powerful beings in order for a full world takeover) is a creative spin on the "aliens wanna conquer Earth" cliche and I think that, with the right creative differences applied (i.e. better motivations for the Skrulls to invade Earth of all places, and how they go about it), it would work pretty well as a film. You don't even need to actually reveal that there were impostors before the movie started - you can just have the Skrulls replace people as the film goes along or something... which would risk being rushed and wonky, but would also create a "nobody's safe" environment that is fun in these big Avengers films :P

But yeah. Back to OS numbers. Movie seems to be doing alright, I think. :ph34r:

56 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Secret War is far too nerdy for the GA although it would be cool.

Well it could happen if they take their time. How the Skrulls are introduced in Captain Marvel is going to be interesting.

Hmm so can $900M OS - China still happen?

21 minutes ago, Juby said:

Even $950 mln without China is still very possible.

No, it’s not. This will start accelerating its drops os, starting with this week, minus China of course.

Edited by Thrylos 7

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

No, it’s not. This will start accelerating its drops os, starting with this week, minus China of course.

Movies dont start experiencing accelerating drops as time goes by, its the opposite actually. You will see next week its drops are better than this week

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

That 105 is including domestic Saturday. So according to him Saturday OS was at 58 million up about 52% from 38m on Friday

So about 140-150 million overseas weekend? 

Thats great :)