kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

I am still not convinced about 1B OS - China.

Deadpool will hit it hard next weekend. And JW is opening 2 weeks earlier in most OS markets... so late legs will get affected.

960-975M for now.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, IceFire9yt said:

So would a decent range be:

Dom: 650-700M

China: 400-500M

OS-China: 950M-1.1B

For a range of  2.0 - 2.3B

Not locked by any means, but looking promising to pass TFA and Titanic.

Yeah, solid ranges.     

TFA looks quite promising. Titanic is not very promising, imo, just possible — that is a pretty high high-end on OS-China.

1 hour ago, ronisssantos said:

This will be fun:sparta:

Why doesn't she even try to understand why people are saying 200m+ opening in China? Even if it doesnt happen, its not being a marvelite to say that presales indicate that it will.

13 hours ago, The Mad Titan said:

China opens in 36 hours. Going to be a fun ride this weekend. Dom will be at around $545m, OS about $845m. China can be anywhere from $200m to $275m depending on a few factors. The road to $2 billion marches onward!

More like DOM will be at around $550-552 mln and OS about $870 mln + China at least $185 mln from China.

$1.6B after Sunday is going to happen! :ohmygod:

3 hours ago, Fake said:

I am still not convinced about 1B OS - China.

Deadpool will hit it hard next weekend. And JW is opening 2 weeks earlier in most OS markets... so late legs will get affected.

960-975M for now.

To be honest I don’t think Deadpool will hit it that hard overseas, I don’t see a big rush for Deadpool and it’s toilet humor is not that popular. IW will probably be around 870 million os -China after this weekend, I really can’t see it missing one billion and that’s with some huge drops. More normal drops would actually bring it to 1.1+ billion but let’s assume the worst. As for JW , IW will be at 1 billion, or extremely close to it, before JW opens anywhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Ranger solo will trash Iw legs.

I don't know not in the countries where IW does best, EU doesn't matter, UK Australia will take big hit. Like I said Europe isn’t that big anyway. DP2 will do more damage in the Asian countries and those of LA. Still I expect it to hit 865-875m OS-China after this weekend.

• Like 1

Again this will be extremely close to 1 billion (I mean very conservatively with another weekend after the upcoming one and 6-8 weekdays before solo opens this will be at around 950+ when solo opens) when ranger solo opens so the damage won’t matter at least for reaching the billion dollar mark. 

1 hour ago, pepsa said:

I don't know not in the countries where IW does best, EU doesn't matter, UK Australia will take big hit. Like I said Europe isn’t that big anyway. DP2 will do more damage in the Asian countries and those of LA. Still I expect it to hit 865-875m OS-China after this weekend.

I was being satirical about how big of a non-event Solo will be overseas. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Wow already $22m in Indonesia! With public holiday today (Thursday) and one more empty weekend for itself, it will pass $25m easily. Our first $20m grosser AND $25m grosser. Crazy! After this weekend, DP2 will take most of its screens, so $30m is out of reach. But it's still a new record by far.

Avengers 4 has the chance to break this record, but it has to have exactly the same schedule as IW, which is the last weekend of April with 3 empty weekends during its run. If it doesn't, then another movie will break it anyway someday thanks to the growing market.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, catlover said:

Wow already $22m in Indonesia! With public holiday today (Thursday) and one more empty weekend for itself, it will pass $25m easily. Our first $20m grosser AND $25m grosser. Crazy! After this weekend, DP2 will take most of its screens, so $30m is out of reach. But it's still a new record by far.

Avengers 4 has the chance to break this record, but it has to have exactly the same schedule as IW, which is the last weekend of April with 3 empty weekends during its run. If it doesn't, then another movie will break it anyway someday thanks to the growing market.

Even if Avengers 4 moves to last week of April, 2019, there will be a competition after 2 weeks courtesy of another Ryan Reynolds film, Detective Pikachu. I can see this film doing big internationally (not so domestically). After 3 weeks of Avengers 4, there's John Wick 3. After a month of Avengers 4, there's Disney's own Aladdin. So still many competition in 2019.

Just now, Thrylos 7 said:

John wick 3 is not serious competition for a movie of the size of avengers 4 , and I say this as a huge fan of the john wick franchise.

yep john wick might be a sleeper hit domestic but international nope

On 5/7/2018 at 3:32 PM, Juby said:

Another great weekend for Avengers in Poland. IW is already the biggest superhero movie based on comic books in my country (after 1989). It beats Suicide Squad in just 12 days (11 without previews)! :) 

When will it hit 1 million admissions?