kayumanggi

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR | 1369.5 M overseas ● 2048.4 M worldwide

44 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

With 900M Os + 700M Dom IW need “only” 400M from China , I know is not locked but wait and see what happens

Grace probably is a troll 

We don't know if it is getting to 700M DOM, so to be safe will need maybe at least $430M from China, not a guarantee. 

On 5/4/2018 at 8:35 PM, Mrstickball said:

Of the billion dollar OS movies (Titanic, Avatar, F7, F8, TFA, and JW), Infinity War has already captured 1st place in the following markets:

India

Indonesia

Philippines

Thailand

It is getting extremely close in the following countries, and should pass the record holder no later than this weekend:

Malaysia

Mexico

Singapore

It may have a lot more smaller territories, but I haven't seen confirmed numbers for places like Vietnam yet. 

Indonesia: 1st place all-time? do you have the number?

It was $17.8m on Thur, so I was thinking it could break F8's $19.3m record by Sat.

Avengers - Infinity War Goes Into Double Digits Again

Avengers - Infinity War had huge growth on its second Saturday of 50% as it went into double digits again with collections of 10.50 crore nett. The blockbuster film had as much growth on the second Saturday as as much as the content film 102 Not Out. In the metroes the growth was 60% plus, .

The total of the film is now 173 crore nett plus and it could go on to do a second week of 50 crore nett depending on the weekday business. No Hollywood film has ever done 50 crore nett in week two and only nine Hindi films have achieved this feat with many of them with the help of holiday periods.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=3909

~2M on Saturday ... may beat TJB's 2nd week record afterall :)

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2018 at 6:59 AM, Rthanos said:

Greece  Titanic 3D about $us665k (without Cyprus)

Wed-Thu $us3.5m

Fri-Sun us7.8m 11.3m

Mon 1.9  13.2 (or 13.4 :))

Tue 2.7 

Admits over 5m

Is the Indonesian admission number coming from Disney, Rentrak or other sources?

12 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

With better ER ... 

yes probably with Avengers 5 will have a big increase in these markets 

Maybe not...People could start being tired of Avengers movies by then...I mean, Avengers 3 and 4 look like a big final.

Edited by Fullbuster

8 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Maybe not...People could start being tired of Avengers movies by then...I mean, Avengers 3 and 4 looks like a big final.

Would be wise to take a decent break between Avengers 4 and Avengers 5. Take advantage of the exposure Infinity War/Avengers 4 brought to Spider-Man, GOTG, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, (hopefully) Ant-Man and Captain Marvel. Also introduce new heroes so Avengers 5 is also bringing something new to the table. 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Would be wise to take a decent break between Avengers 4 and Avengers 5. Take advantage of the exposure Infinity War/Avengers 4 brought to Spider-Man, GOTG, Doctor Strange, (hopefully) Ant-Man and Captain Marvel. Also introduce new heroes so Avengers 5 is also bringing something new to the table. 

I think that's their plan. I remember them saying that Phase 4 is leaner. So I think more solos, less team-ups. Anyway, I think they won't need an Avengers movie for a while. I think they should target 2022/2023 for the next Avengers film so people won't get an Avengers fatigue. If the Fox deal goes through, Disney/Marvel will have their hands full with X-Men/Fantastic 4.

Avatar 2 will also be released by Disney in 2020 (assuming the Fox deal is completed). That is the one movie to watch in terms of box office. It has a realistic chance of becoming the top-grossing movie of 2020 worldwide. Disney doesn't have an Avengers/Star Wars movie scheduled for that year, unless one of their live-action fairy-tale movies breaks out big and suddenly tops Avatar 2.

Absolutely agree that there should be a LONG separation between the Infinity saga and Avengers 5. And I would even argue that it's worth trying to launch that 5th movie in December instead of April/May, as while it would have a slightly muted OW, I don't think A5 would be able to match IW/A4's openings either way as those two movies were basically an end of an era type thing. So, whatever steam is lost in opening, it'd be made up for in Holiday season legs, alas the Star Wars movies (even TLJ, just looking at the raw multiplier, had a 2.8x... that's better than any MCU sequel to date).

• Like 1

Avengers movies usually come out 3 years apart. So the next one will, at earliest, be in 2022. 3 years is more than enough to build up appetite.

It also all depends on what direction MCU goes after Avengers 4 ends. It is likely the Infinity stones storyline that spanned 3 phases will be wrapped up by Avengers 4. What overarching storyline MCU decides to show us will be important. Will it be Secret Invasion, will it be about Xmen/house of M, will it be about dr doom/Galactus/F4?  

MCU must pick a storyline that is as good and as expansive as the infinity stones one. 

I personally would love if Dr doom is the big main villain spread over multiple phases. Even Secret Invasion will be good

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Absolutely agree that there should be a LONG separation between the Infinity saga and Avengers 5. And I would even argue that it's worth trying to launch that 5th movie in December instead of April/May, as while it would have a slightly muted OW, I don't think A5 would be able to match IW/A4's openings either way as those two movies were basically an end of an era type thing. So, whatever steam is lost in opening, it'd be made up for in Holiday season legs, alas the Star Wars movies (even TLJ, just looking at the raw multiplier, had a 2.8x... that's better than any MCU sequel to date).

And given the growth of the emerging markets a long break could be very beneficial in terms of potential.

Glad we all agree Avengers should not be back for a while.

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

If you want Avengers in December then u gotta release in 2022/23 cause 2020/21/24/25 are years when Avatar is slated for release. Granted it is likely that those dates may not be met but lets assume they do. In that case if u dont release in 22/23 then u gotta wait till 26 which will way too long of a wait

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Avengers movies usually come out 3 years apart. So the next one will, at earliest, be in 2022. 3 years is more than enough to build up appetite.

It also all depends on what direction MCU goes after Avengers 4 ends. It is likely the Infinity stones storyline that spanned 3 phases will be wrapped up by Avengers 4. What overarching storyline MCU decides to show us will be important. Will it be Secret Invasion, will it be about Xmen/house of M, will it be about dr doom/Galactus/F4?  

MCU must pick a storyline that is as good and as expansive as the infinity stones one. 

I personally would love if Dr doom is the big main villain spread over multiple phases. Even Secret Invasion will be good

Secret Invasion would be a logical next step for Avengers 5 imo. Not just because the Kree-Skrull War is being introduced in Captain Marvel, but because, with the Secret Invasion, it would force the fans to go back and revisit MCU movies in order to figure out if there had been any impostors infiltrated in the movies all along. Plus, as an added bonus, they could build to Galactus, similar to having used Loki as Thanos' henchman and then dropping the Thanos bombshell in the Avengers 1 mid-credits scene.

Also, about the December release, 2023 wouldn't be a bad launch date. 4 years after Avengers 4 ain't too bad. However, I'd prefer something like 5 years, so 2024 sounds the most perfect imo. Avatar 4(?) could be pushed to 2025, since the 1st two sequels come out back-to-back anyway. 2023/2024 could be kept for Star Wars stuff (anthology films or that supposed Rian Johnson trilogy that's likely not happening now) OR some other MCU related entries.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

If you want Avengers in December then u gotta release in 2022/23 cause 2020/21/24/25 are years when Avatar is slated for release. Granted it is likely that those dates may not be met but lets assume they do. In that case if u dont release in 22/23 then u gotta wait till 26 which will way too long of a wait

We don't even know if Avatar is still a powerful franchise...the 1st one released almost 9 years ago and benefit from 3D tech...I don't feel any hype or interest in Avatar 2 to be honest...

Things changed since 2009/2010, new trends appeared.

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Secret Invasion would be a logical next step for Avengers 5 imo. Not just because the Kree-Skrull War is being introduced in Captain Marvel, but because, with the Secret Invasion, it would force the fans to go back and revisit MCU movies in order to figure out if there had been any impostors infiltrated in the movies all along. Plus, as an added bonus, they could build to Galactus, similar to having used Loki as Thanos' henchman and then dropping the Thanos bombshell in the Avengers 1 mid-credits scene.

I don't know the comics, but is Galactus a match against Thanos?

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Yeah, there's no way that Avengers 5 will be released in a December of a year when Avatar sequels are being shown. They will cannibalize each other. And Disney will incur the wrath of James Cameron if that happens.