grim22

BOT: THE REVISITING -- TOP 25 of 2012 | accursed Nolanites are triumphant again

:ph34r: 

The Dark Knight Rises
written and directed by: cinematic genius Christopher “film stock” Nolan
starring: Tom Hardy and some scrubs

tumblr_mdpn9gh15Q1r4z8l1o1_500.gif

Number of first-place votes: 27

IMDB synopsis: The legendary conclusion to the greatest trilogy ever made, a stunning cinematic achievement that will live forever.

This movie cured cancer, but a vile conspiracy led by Hydra caused the experimental drug to be destroyed. Faced with such darkness, Saint Nolan and his group of acolytes settled for world peace and stopping famine through the gospel of 15/70 film. Nolan was offered the Nobel Prize for literature and peace (the first such recipient in history), but declined both awards due to his modesty. Yes, he really is that perfect. The sheer magic of this movie rippled through the cinematic spacetime continuum, causing people to re-evaluate all previous Nolan movies and increase their rating at least one full grade. It also managed the impossible feat of giving Wally Pfister a directing job on a possible tentpole project.

Tomato meter: 127%, 11.7/10 average rating

Academy Awards: 17 wins, 17 nominations

Random critic comment: “I was blind but the majesty of Bane’s plane assault cured me. My optic nerves were literally re-born and forged anew.” —David Manning, WorldToday

Random RTM comment: “F” — @THE PHENOMENAL BKB

• Like 19

Just now, Tele Came Back said:

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Just now, Tele Came Back said:

Wait wait wait....

....I think somehow @#ED slipped me the wrong piece of paper. That doesn't have the right info on it.

Hold on.

:wacko: 

I was about to say, I was going to be real disappointed in the forums for making the same mistake twice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tele Came Back said:

Wait wait wait....

....I think somehow @#ED slipped me the wrong piece of paper. That doesn't have the right info on it.

Hold on.

:jeb!:

Though I'm not sure I prefer SLP to TDKR.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

Wait wait wait....

Hold on.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

The boards have reached a new low.

Lmao & smh @ the Nolanites

Is it really a new low if the forum did the exact same thing when we last did a 2012 list?

This is more like the equivalent of one of those movies where the protagonist is in a car crash and is transported to some magical fantasy world where we think the forum has grown a slightly better taste in movies. And then, at the end, it turns out it was all a hallucination born from our dying thoughts and we were slowly bleeding out in a mangled car wreck the entire time. That's this list.

EDIT: Or maybe not. I should really learn to wait a few minutes before I type this shit.

DOUBLE EDIT: Never mind, I was right the first time, dying car wreck it is.

Edited by rukaio101
  • Like 2