grim22

BOT: THE REVISITING -- TOP 25 of 2012 | accursed Nolanites are triumphant again

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

r_559910_tNRDw.gif

Catching Fire was all about amping up the arena games, while devoid of the charms and emotions the first movie had.

In THG, when we got introduced to Katniss, you saw things through her pov, experienced the games through her explorations. I found that much more memorable and better than in CF where she was a passive participant, and basically was kept in the dark the whole time, with all events that happening manipulated by other characters. 

Sure, the games were grandeur and more elaborate in CF, but I personally didn't find them all that exciting. Especially couple with the soapy love triangle aspect. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Boo hoo.

14 of my 20 didn't even make the top 25, including 3 of my top 5.  

But then I wasn't expecting Barbara or Searching for Sugarman to make the list.  :sadno:

We got Barbara all  the way to 51 which I think is pretty cool actually. I would have thought it'd end up lower.

1 hour ago, The Stingray said:

Had completely forgot about The Place Beyond the Pines. That was a good movie.

It was also ineligible lmao you people. 

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

also Coolio's earnest 2012 reviews make me uncomfortable

Back before countless top 25 lists withered his soul back to the cold hard shell that remains today.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

I stand by that Skyfall comment. Despite the backlack it's gotten by the nitpickers of BOT, it's a thrill ride that I enjoy every time I rewatch the movie.

Yup, it's the best Bond I've ever seen(no, I haven't seen many of the classics). It was in my top5.

I'm fine with the list so far.

6 hours ago, Tele Came Back said:

Yes, THG seems crazy high to me. But it's clear it had a small but extremely dedicated fanbase that had it at or near the top of all their lists.

These people ...

:rolleyes:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-17488-1345043312-21

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I love the shit out of Skyfall.  It's the movie that got me into movies.  It will always hold a special place in my heart

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

Yup, it's the best Bond I've ever seen(no, I haven't seen many of the classics). It was in my top5.

I'm fine with the list so far.

i've seen all the Bonds and it's the best Bond i've seen too.

• Like 2

all of my top 5 have already come up but from what i'm gathering 4/5 of the films that are about to come up were on my list anyway and i still liked the other one. honestly this list is fine to me. but i can still force a meltdown since you guys were hyping them so bad, i guess.

1 minute ago, misafeco said:

I really don't get the Hunger Games hate here. Wait until we do 2013, and Catching Fire is top 3 again. :D

eh  (my #1 of 2013 is a much superior J-Law movie)

Edited by Ethan Hunt

8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

eh  (my #1 of 2013 is a much superior J-Law movie)

American Hustle? I'm not a big fan. SLP is the perfect O.Russel movie, Hustle was too unfocused and chaotic for me.

2 minutes ago, misafeco said:

American Hustle? I'm not a big fan. SLP is the perfect O.Russel movie, Hustle was too unfocused and chaotic for me.

Indeed. Hustle's energy is absolutely infectious. SLP falls apart in the second half to me.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

I figured Hope Springs  (my #1) wouldn't make the list but it got higher than I figured it would. 

While I may not like what we are about to get as a top 5 it is also nice to see that we aren't nearly as stuck on being anti blockbusters as some groups are. 

• Like 1