grim22

BOT: THE REVISITING -- TOP 25 of 2012 | accursed Nolanites are triumphant again

• Community Manager

I stand by that Skyfall comment. Despite the backlack it's gotten by the nitpickers of BOT, it's a thrill ride that I enjoy every time I rewatch the movie.

• Like 7

I was one of the folks who put Silver Linings Playbook at #1... :ph34r:

I did it then and I'm sticking to it now. That being said, I'm disappointed to see my 2-4 picks - Looper, Lincoln, and Zero Dark Thirty - fall outside of the top ten.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Eh. Personally thought it was pretty terrible through and through.

Only redeeming features were Jennifer Lawrence who did a decent job and :ohmygod:. The rest was forgettable to bad. But hey, opinions. I've never watched any of them past the first so I can't really say much on those. Never felt particularly influential to me.

You should watch Catching Fire (stop there, however)

It's pretty good. Much better than the 1st

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I stand by that Skyfall comment. Despite the backlack it's gotten by the nitpickers of BOT, it's a thrill ride that I enjoy every time I rewatch the movie.

Yup, I still enjoy the heck out of it, hence why I put it on my list. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I was one of the folks who put Silver Linings Playbook at #1... :ph34r:

I did it then and I'm sticking to it now. That being said, I'm disappointed to see my 2-4 picks - Looper, Lincoln, and Zero Dark Thirty - fall outside of the top ten.

Boo hoo.

14 of my 20 didn't even make the top 25, including 3 of my top 5.  

But then I wasn't expecting Barbara or Searching for Sugarman to make the list.  :sadno:

• Like 3

No Wonder I thought the list was looking good, we were saving the bad ones for the top 10 :sick:

Hunger Games isn't even a good movie, come on.  Skyfall's the best of those five and even it's pretty dang overrated.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Goffe said:

I actually thought Skyfall would win this thing since it's the least controversial acclaimed blockbuster of 2012.

The most misogynistic Bond film (OK, not true - Man With A Golden Gun is even worse) is the least controversial big film of 2012?  Nah.

Edited by TalismanRing

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

51-65

51 Barbara
52 Killing Them Softly
53 Men in black 3
54 Compliance
55 Hope Springs
56 Place Beyond the Pines
57 The Turin Horse
58 Side By Side
59 The Amazing Spider-Man
60 Bernie
61 Beyond the Black Rainbow
62 Ruby Sparks
63 American Reunion
64 Kill List

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

Hope Springs and Turin Horse are the lowest placed movies to get at least 1 #1 spot on a list.

Had completely forgot about The Place Beyond the Pines. That was a good movie.

Aw, missed the voting period for this. 

Nice list so far. I actually enjoyed THG, far and away the best entry in that franchise, which unfortunately went downhill quickly with Catching Fire.

Ew at Skyfall. Such an empty nothing movie (hmm, that's a bit unfair, gotta say cinematography was nice. But that's pretty much it) 

Been a while so I can't remember off of the top of my head but I think my No.1 for 2012 would most likely be Django. Personally found it so rewatchable.

Life of Pi

Zero Dark Thirty 

Django

The Avengers 

The Master 

Those would be my Top 5 (in no particular order)

Few others that left impression and I highly enjoyed were Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, 21 Jump Street, Salmon Fishing in Yemen, Cabin in the Wood, Amour, Lincoln, Frances Ha, The Intouchables.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

You should watch Catching Fire (stop there, however)

It's pretty good. Much better than the 1st

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

Nice list so far. I actually enjoyed THG, far and away the best entry in that franchise, which unfortunately went downhill quickly with Catching Fire.

r_559910_tNRDw.gif

• Like 1