grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

$149m budget 

94% and certified fresh on RT

What a great day!! :) 

It was at 93% for a bit but then a very negative review was deleted.  :lol:  I've seen grades changed before but never that unless embargo was broken.  

Just now, TalismanRing said:

It was at 93% for a bit but then a very negative review was deleted.  :lol:  I've seen grades changed before but never that unless embargo was broken.  

The negative review was for Baywatch which was mistakenly added under Wonder Woman. First time I have seen something like that happen.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Biggestgeekever said:

That seems pretty good for Captain Underpants. I think it's doing at least $30M by virtue of the fanbase and being the first animated kids film in 2 months.

I mean, I type that out and I just about convinced myself of $40M. :lol: 

Of Wimpy Lod could make it on MT I don't think it means much 

5 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

That seems pretty good for Captain Underpants. I think it's doing at least $30M by virtue of the fanbase and being the first animated kids film in 2 months.

I mean, I type that out and I just about convinced myself of $40M. :lol: 

The biggest issue it is facing is screenspace. Most theaters seem to have it on only one screen. WW getting IMAX and PLF and most of the 2D screens, Pirates holding on to 3D screens and Guardians, Alien and Baywatch still needing a decent number of screens as well. If it overperforms on Friday, I can see Alien and Baywatch being shunted aside to make more space for CU.

26 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Final MT update for the day.

MT: 

WW 34.7

POTC 22.7

Baywatch 9

GOTG2 7.1

Captain Underpants 5.3

Pulse:

WW

POTC

WW 3D

GOTG2

Baywatch

Any comparisons? Storks? Smurfs? Trolls?

• Like 1

Just now, Tele Came Back said:

CU would be DOA, but it's low-budget enough (I assume) to be okay. 

It's outsourced so probably around $60M-$80M budget. And Tele don't get cocky, it ain't over yet.

• Like 1

Big news in the online ticketing game: http://investor.regmovies.com/news-and-events/press-releases/2017/05-31-2017-214442311

Regal Cinemas Unveils Dynamic New Website Developed in Partnership with Atom Tickets

Regal Entertainment Group, a leading motion picture exhibitor that owns and operates one of the largest theatre circuits in the United States, reveals a new website developed in partnership with Atom Tickets, the fastest-growing movie ticketing platform in North America. The new REGmovies.com provides a modern, user-friendly experience that allows moviegoers to browse movies, watch trailers, view exclusive movie content and purchase tickets in one place.

The visually-driven site features a responsive design that automatically optimizes its view based on screen size. This provides for a cohesive and intelligent user experience on any browser and any screen: desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices. The new site also allows users to browse movies, select showtimes and check out without leaving REGmovies.com. This critical update provides a faster, easier and more seamless purchase process to the millions of Regal patrons who buy their movie tickets online. Guests will also enjoy a revamped experience for the industry-leading Regal Crown Club, which rewards its 14-million plus loyal members with box office and concessions perks.

Regal tickets will no longer link to Fandango from their website and will go through Atom instead. Tickets can still be bought on Fandango and MT, but everything from Regal will redirect to Atom

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Anyone know what day the SS T-Mobile offer went live?

The Tuesday before release as am a T-Mobile customer who remembers as I was also one who spread the word to few folks.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The biggest issue it is facing is screenspace. Most theaters seem to have it on only one screen. WW getting IMAX and PLF and most of the 2D screens, Pirates holding on to 3D screens and Guardians, Alien and Baywatch still needing a decent number of screens as well. If it overperforms on Friday, I can see Alien and Baywatch being shunted aside to make more space for CU.

I agree, but I with the overall weakness of the marketplace now, theaters will move around screens if CU performs well, as you suggest.

24 minutes ago, Tele Came Back said:

CU would be DOA, but it's low-budget enough (I assume) to be okay. 

WRONG. :)

11 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Big news in the online ticketing game: http://investor.regmovies.com/news-and-events/press-releases/2017/05-31-2017-214442311

Regal tickets will no longer link to Fandango from their website and will go through Atom instead. Tickets can still be bought on Fandango and MT, but everything from Regal will redirect to Atom

Begun, the online ticketing wars have.

22 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Last check today - NYC Fandango

Wonder Woman (6/31/17)  (Tuesday 9pm)
-254 showings
-147 Reserved
-12 sellouts (0 complete)

previous #s

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24007-the-box-office-buzz-and-tracking-thread-electric-boogaloo/?do=findComment&comment=3028800

That would point to a significantly lower opening than Suicide Squad for example.