Suicide Squad on  7/30/16 (Saturday)
-197 showings
-46 Reserved
-3 sellouts (0 complete)

Wonder Woman (5/27/17)  (Saturday)
-161 showings
-86 Reserved
-0 sellouts 

Suicide Squad on  (8/2/16)  (Tuesday; 8:30pm)

- 268 Showings
- 76 Reserved
- 12 Sell outs (2 complete)

Wonder Woman (6/30/17)  (Tuesday 7pm)
-193 showings
-106 Reserved
-10 sellouts (0 complete)

(* 3 sellouts at the Alamo, 1 Dolby (these sell really well), 1 4x,  no Imax yet though Lincoln Center 7pm is close)

Other earlier & later comparisons

Civil War on 5/1/16 (Sunday)

277 showings/ 62 Reserved / 27 sellouts (5 complete)

Civil War 5/5/16 (Thur)
459 showings / 96 Reserved /87 sellouts (37 complete)

GOTG2  (Thur)

342 showings/ 88 reserved/ 31 sellouts

NYC Fandango

Wonder Woman (6/31/17)  (Wed 10am)
-237 showings
-133 Reserved
-11 sellouts (0 complete)

I wish I had other Wed comps but I didn't keep a copy of them.  Might be in the old topic.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 4

How various Thursday presales look at my theater:

Wonder Woman:

7:00: 74/124

7:00 3D: 22/78

8:00 3D: 10/78

9:00: 24/78

Cars 3: 2/113

Captain Underpants, The Mummy, Megan Leavey, All Eyez on Me, Rough Night, and Spider-Man Homecoming have sold nothing for their previews. WW is selling well into the weekend, and CU has some seats sold on Friday.

• Like 1

Mummy tracking:

Early tracking suggests the Alex Kurtzman-directed film may debut in the low $40 million range in North America — a modest opening salvo for what is hoped to be a series that could someday rival DC and Marvel.

Behind the scenes, Universal execs are said to be especially concerned about Mummy, even though insiders say a $40 million bow (plus a strong overseas haul) would be enough to move forward with the universe as planned.

THR

• Like 1

On 5/30/2017 at 10:00 AM, Hiccup23 said:

Wonder Woman - 2 showings

2 Ultra Screen - 290 seats - 225 sold, 78 sold

Wonder Woman - 10 showings

5 Ultra Screen - 290 seats - 243 sold, 30 sold, 103 sold, 0 sold, SOLD OUT 

2 Super Screen (Ultra Screen + Bistro) - 134 seats - SOLD OUT, SOLD OUT 

2 Bistro- 78 seats - 0 sold, 0 sold

1 Normal - 110 seats - SOLD OUT

They are rolling out new showings. 

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

@EmpireCity last night on The Americans, Fox aired an ad for My Cousin Rachel that said it'll be "in theaters everywhere" next week. Any word on how wide it's going?

It's opening at a couple of arthouse theaters near me next weekend.

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

@EmpireCity last night on The Americans, Fox aired an ad for My Cousin Rachel that said it'll be "in theaters everywhere" next week. Any word on how wide it's going?

Semi-wide is the impression I get.  600+ theaters.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Semi-wide is the impression I get.  600+ theaters.  

Yeah, I don't see it going overly wide when the following weekend has four wide releases. Any word on 47 Meters TC?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah, I don't see it going overly wide when the following weekend has four wide releases. Any word on 47 Meters TC?

I still haven't seen a single review, word of mouth or trade screening impression from My Cousin Rachel which makes me think it might be something they are trying to hide.  

47 Meters is going to push for something like 1,500+ 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

The 175M+ global debut forecasted by Deadline is going down. 250M globally if not slightly more IMO

I think it would have to significantly overperform tracking in the US for that to happen since it's not opening day and date almost everywhere like the usual WB film.

Edited by TalismanRing

1 hour ago, XO21 said:

Mummy tracking:

Early tracking suggests the Alex Kurtzman-directed film may debut in the low $40 million range in North America — a modest opening salvo for what is hoped to be a series that could someday rival DC and Marvel.

Behind the scenes, Universal execs are said to be especially concerned about Mummy, even though insiders say a $40 million bow (plus a strong overseas haul) would be enough to move forward with the universe as planned.

THR

I feel like low 40's is what should be expected for the film. The last Mummy film made 40.5M opening weekend or 49.8M when adjusted for inflation. This Mummy will fall somewhere within that range and should end with what Mummy 3 made when adjusted for inflation (126-127M). 

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I still haven't seen a single review, word of mouth or trade screening impression from My Cousin Rachel which makes me think it might be something they are trying to hide.  

47 Meters is going to push for something like 1,500+ 

How many theaters is Beatriz at Dinner expected to open in on the 9th?

1 hour ago, XO21 said:

Mummy tracking:

THR

It will debut UNDER 40M. Quote me on this. 35M if it's lucky.   and have shitty legs...UNDER 100M is assured.

Just now, Tele Came Back said:

40m would be fine for MUMMY. 

Probably. However, it might not be enough to support the Cinematic Universe they are trying to jumpstart (especially if it ends up getting the kind of reviews that most are expecting of it now).

41 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I think it would have to significantly overperform tracking in the US for that to happen since it's not opening day and date almost everywhere like the usual WB film.

I'm thinking 130 in the U.S. and about 120 OS

2 hours ago, XO21 said:

Mummy tracking:

THR

Lmao, what? Universal needs to put their expectations in check if they think that the series is coming close to the DCEU / MCU. 

• Like 2