grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

8 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

My local cinema is keeping mother! Between the nature of the film and the fact that they booted it to one of the 70-seaters last weekend, I was sure it was a goner...but they're dumping Dunkirk instead, so I'm glad I caught it again on Sunday.

...meanwhile, the other cinema in town that has refused to show R-rated films throughout its 12-year existence is still running Cars 3, Despicable Me 3, and The Nut Job 2 four times per day.

They must love not having to clean up anything.

7 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

RyanGosling.2c5af.gif

EDIT: Yikes, is AM really looking that low? C'mon, TOMATO LAW, work now. :ph34r:

Tomato Law was just one of those things @CJohn was yelling about during that phase where he was yelling about the apocalypse while drunk as he was running naked down the street. It was never real, in other words.

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 1

9 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

RyanGosling.2c5af.gif

EDIT: Yikes, is AM really looking that low? C'mon, TOMATO LAW, work now. :ph34r:

American Made, American Assassin and Kingsman all share similar audiences. Studios were dumb with the scheduling of these three.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John Marston said:

I love Tom but he is not a draw anymore. The days when he could take movies like Rain Man, A Few Good Men, The Firm. Jerry Maguire to 300m+ Adjusted grosses are over. 

He still is in many market imo, look just how much more American Made (already over 60m) will do versus American Assassin/War Dogs (43m) for example.

He is obviously not prime Tom Cruise level of draw (no one is right now), nor does movie like those could do box office like they did anymore. Even with DiCaprio those movie have no shot at number one (even top 5) movie domestic of the year like they did back then.

Domestic it is more iffy, outside comedy drawing power on the domestic market is less and less obvious and Cruise declined quite a bit and he is middle of the pack at best now in drawing power, but he is still a draw imo, Jonah Hill is clearly one and he did 14m with War Dogs.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2