grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Fascinating thing at my cheap-o for this coming week...this doesn't usually happen, but my cheap-o is getting 2 new movies still very active in some of my local theaters...those movies are Daddy's Home 2 and Murder on the Orient Express, so I can say this coming week will probably be the last week for both of those movies at all the other local theaters (so they are definite Dec 22 drops, if not already dropped, no matter what)...

25 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Fascinating thing at my cheap-o for this coming week...this doesn't usually happen, but my cheap-o is getting 2 new movies still very active in some of my local theaters...those movies are Daddy's Home 2 and Murder on the Orient Express, so I can say this coming week will probably be the last week for both of those movies at all the other local theaters (so they are definite Dec 22 drops, if not already dropped, no matter what)...

Makes sense that they would instantly move to the cheap theaters starting next week. Everything released before The Last Jedi/Ferdinand that isn't either Coco or an expanding Oscar player is gonna be completely decimated.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Makes sense that they would instantly move to the cheap theaters starting next week. Everything released before The Last Jedi/Ferdinand that isn't either Coco or an expanding Oscar player is gonna be completely decimated.

Pretty much. Over the weekend, The only movies not named Ferdinand or Jedi that have more than 3 showings is Coco, Wonder and Lady Bird. Luckily the three mentioned all have 5+ showings

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

That's awesome! Great deal for those who haven't seen either of those yet.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 1

Basically the same tracking numbers as TFA in the final week.

For quite some time, industry estimates have pegged The Last Jedi at an opening around $200M at 4,175-plus theaters. Force Awakens opened at 4,134 two years ago and Rogue One debuted in 4,157 locations last year. Worst case scenario for Last Jedi opening wise is $185M, while the best case is any figure north of $210M.

http://deadline.com/2017/12/star-wars-the-last-jedi-easily-fandangos-top-advance-ticket-seller-of-2017-1202225087/

I think there is no way in hell this does under Civil War this weekend, it is way way wayyyy ahead in sales through the weekend.

Personally be a bit surprised if it does 200 million. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Porthos said:

MT: 

TLJ: 73.5

Coco: 4.2

JL: 2.2

Ferdinand: 1.6

Disaster: 1.6

Pulse:

TLJ

TLJ 3D

TLD 3D IMAX

TLD 2D IMAX

Coco

TLJ approx 145 to 150 sets of tickets per minute

Up to 175 per minute as people on the east coast in the midwest are getting off work.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, SoSaysI said:

Up to 175 per minute as people on the east coast in the midwest are getting off work.

I don't have any direct comps for 6:30-7pm on Wed - only earlier and later.

WW: 45 (4pm),  SM: 54.2 (4pm),  Thor  47 (4:10pm),  JL: 36.6 (4:10pm) & 47 (5:30)  and for later -  IT: 90 (10:30pm) 

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

220+ sets of tickets per minute or so just now for TLJ.

edited

Really hard to keep track at this pace, but just saw a 235 set just now for the 5:30pm PST time period.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 2

GREATER SACRAMENTO SELLOUT REPORT: T-1 day

Previews: 50/163 (+2/+7) [R1: 17/141 showings]

(Includes Double Feature & Opening Night Fan Event)

2D: 39/115 (+1/+7) [R1: 14/98]

3D: 11/48 (+1/+0)   [R1: 3/46]

<<Reserved Theater Info: 95 showings [R1: 48 showings]>>

Almost Sold Out (95%+ sold out)

7 (+1) [R1: 6]

Nearly Sold Out (90% to 94% sold out)

11 (+1) [R1: 6]

Front Two Rows Only (or the equivalent amount of seats)

26 (+1) [R1: 23]

Heavily Sold (75% to 89% sold out)

0 (-2) [R1: 0]

NOTE:  If a showing only has wheelchair and wheelchair companion seats left, it is counted as a sellout

• Like 2