grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Yes

Overall it's sellouts in the NYC area as of Sunday morning were already akin to BP the Wed before previews in NYC though with 87 fewer showings & 9 fewer theaters - also with greater saturation in non sellouts.

Thanks. Look forward to your next update!

44 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

TFA and TLJ comps or do you not have them?

Don’t know what it was for TFA, but TLJ had 49 on Thursday at AMC Empire. It had 231 showings overall for the weekend at AMC Empire. 180 total preview showings for Thursday among all the AMC theaters in NYC. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2018 at 5:22 PM, WrathOfHan said:

Paul, Apostle of Christ, Peter Rabbit, Midnight Sun, and A Wrinkle in Time are gone.

Blockers: 4 (Average)

The Miracle Season: 4 (Average)

A Quiet Place: 4 (Average)

Ready Player One: 6 (3 2D/3 3D; Flat; Average and 4th Smallest)

Acrimony: 4 (Flat; 2nd Biggest)

Black Panther: 4 (Flat and lost 3D; 3rd Smallest)

God's Not Dead: A Light in Darkness: 4 (Flat; Average)

I Can Only Imagine: 4 (Flat; Biggest)

Pacific Rim: Uprising: 4 (Flat and lost 3D; Average)

Sherlock Gnomes: 4 (Flat; Smallest)

Tomb Raider: 4 (Flat; 2nd Smallest)

During the weekend, A Quiet Place and RPO split the second biggest auditorium with the former and ICOI splitting an extra screen at the expense of Tomb Raider and GND showtimes.

Auditorium sizes for reference (all seats are recliners if you're wondering why they're small):  

Hide contents

Biggest: 124 seats

2nd Biggest: 113 seats

Average: 78 seats (6 auditoriums are this size)

4th Smallest: 69 seats

3rd Smallest: 67 seats

2nd Smallest: 63 seats

Smallest: 60 seats

Black Panther, God's Not Dead: A Light in Darkness, and Tomb Raider are gone.

Rampage: 7 (3 2D/4 3D; Biggest and Average)

Isle of Dogs: 4 (Average)

Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero: 4 (4th and 3rd Smallest)

Truth or Dare: 4 (2nd Biggest)

A Quiet Place: 5 (Up 1; Average)

Blockers: 4 (Flat; Average)

I Can Only Imagine: 4 (Flat; Average)

Pacific Rim: Uprising: 4 (Flat; Smallest)

Ready Player One: 4 (Down 2; 2 2D/2 3D; 4th and 3rd Smallest)

Tyler Perry's Acrimony: 4 (Flat; Average)

The Miracle Season: 2 (Down 2; 2nd Smallest)

Sherlock Gnomes: 2 (Down 2; 2nd Smallest)

During the weekend, Sgt. Stubby and Pacific Rim take showtime cuts for extra Rampage, A Quiet Place, and Truth or Dare shows. That's an excellent sign of confidence for Sgt. Stubby! :hahaha: 

Auditorium sizes for reference (all seats are recliners if you're wondering why they're small):  

Spoiler

Biggest: 124 seats

2nd Biggest: 113 seats

Average: 78 seats (6 auditoriums are this size)

4th Smallest: 69 seats

3rd Smallest: 67 seats

2nd Smallest: 63 seats

Smallest: 60 seats

• Like 2

For some reason, none of the AMCs in Central Florida have previews for Isle of Dogs despite other theaters doing them. For theaters that are doing previews, they start at 5 PM.

I'm SHOCKED my theater got rid of Black Panther btw :ohmygod: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

27 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Don’t know what it was for TFA, but TLJ had 49 on Thursday at AMC Empire. It had 231 showings overall for the weekend at AMC Empire. 180 total preview showings for Thursday among all the AMC theaters in NYC. 

Two weeks before ? 

2 hours ago, Deja23 said:

Just did a quick count in Fandango out of curiosity and by my count, AIW currently has 191 total preview showings for Thursday among all the AMC theaters in NYC. I simply searched for NYC theaters and ctrl+F'd "AMC" and I think it showed some New Jersey theaters too. Not sure that should count or whether it counts in that number for TLJ, but probably not, right? Since it's the final numbers like you said. 

Also AIW currently has 129 showings in AMC Empire overall for the weekend with 46 showings in Thursday, 29 in Friday, 28 in Saturday and 26 in Sunday. This number seems more in line with TLJ final number and AIW almost two weeks out. Maybe that 191 number contains all NY area showings instead of NYC but the majority of the locations were marked as "NYC". So I don't know honestly and as a foreigner, the difference between NY area, states and the city itself have always confused me but 191 showings are what I counted when I searched for NYC theaters and ctrl+F'd "AMC" to count the showings.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, gfb said:

Just did a quick count in Fandango out of curiosity and by my count, AIW currently has 191 total preview showings for Thursday among all the AMC theaters in NYC. I simply searched for NYC theaters and ctrl+F'd "AMC" and I think it showed some New Jersey theaters too. Not sure that should count or whether it counts in that number for TLJ, but probably not, right? Since it's the final numbers like you said. 

Also AIW currently has 129 showings in AMC Empire overall for the weekend with 46 showings in Thursday, 29 in Friday, 28 in Saturday and 26 in Sunday. This number seems more in line with TLJ final number and AIW almost two weeks out. Maybe that 191 number contains all NY area showings instead of NYC but the majority of the locations were marked as "NYC". So I don't know honestly and as a foreigner, the difference between NY area, states and the city itself have always confused me but 191 showings are what I counted when I searched for NYC theaters and ctrl+F'd "AMC" to count the showings.

I count 108 Thursday showings for IW through the AMC website, so that 191 count on Fandango likely includes several theaters I didn’t count. BP had 143 total Thursday showings and clearly IW will get past that. I think 108 is good for 2 weeks out. 

At AMC Empire, TLJ ended with 49 (Thursday), 70 (Friday), 65 (Saturday), and 47 (Sunday) showings. 

• Like 1

Last 3 hours fandango sales or so:

Rampage selling 160% of Blumhouse horror release, with some 3d/imax ticket in there, if Truth or Dare open to 20-22m and if they have about the same ratio that would mean close to 35 for Rampage with is 3d/imax sales boost.

A Quiet  3990
Blockers 1247
Ready Pl 1244
Avengers 1060
Tyler Pe 507
Black Pa 435
Isle of  224
I Can On 212
Chappaqu 197
Rampage  193
Pacific  189
Love, Si 123
Blumhous 120
The Mira 103
Sherlock 86
A Wrinkl 76
Tomb Rai 71
Game Nig 56
Beirut 52
Super Tr 47
Survival 33
Grease 4 29
  • Like 2

IW Greater Sacramento Area Seat Report: T-16 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

66.29%

Total Sellouts Added:    1

Total Showings Added:  1

Total Seats Added:     90

Total Seats Sold:        88

---

3.029x times as many seats as Black Panther at this point in time (7434 vs 2454)

Edited by Porthos
"times as many" instead of "more". Bah
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 2