grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

3 hours ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

Venom just started to sale.

And, on Pulse, it's selling slower than ASIB:ph34r:

Yeah theaters are slowly releasing tickets for Venom, but Sony or the twitter page hasn't made the official announcements "Tickets on sale now" kinda thing yet. That'll have an impact and it's weird they haven't done that

4 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Final 7 PM sales at my theater:

The Predator: 36/78

A Simple Favor: 15/78

White Boy Rick: 10/78

Unbroken: 5/78

The Predator had an 8 PM show added, so I'll hold off on comps until that show starts. That show is currently at 11 tickets.

A Simple Favor is running under 50% of Game Night, Blockers, and The Spy Who Dumped Me, and it's only around 40% of Tag and Uncle Drew. These aren't strong sales, but I wouldn't read too much into my theater's sales for this based how it's doing on Pulse.

White Boy Rick is doing pretty poorly. All the comps I can think of (The Commuter, 12 Strong, Den of Thieves, Hostiles, Death Wish) indicate something in the mid-singles. Between this and ASF, I think I'll have to do some Friday comps to see if there's any improvement.

Unbroken is running under 50% of God's Not Dead 3 and God Bless the Broken Road. Predict carefully on this one.

A Simple Favor came close to selling out the 7:00 here with just one screen. The Predator sold 60 seats for 7:00 in XD and ended up getting around 35 for the 7:40 in regular (White Boy Rick actually sold more seats for its 7:00 show). A Simple Favor has sold over 200 seats for tomorrow while The Predator and White Boy Rick have sold around 100 each (the latter is 3/4 of which are for the 7:30 show). It's been similar to other theaters around here too. Something tells me that the averages for Predator and Favor aren't gonna be too far apart (with the former having the edge due to being in nearly 1,000 more theaters).

8 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Predator's not even in the top 5 on MT.com yet.

Yes it is. The website is frozen. But the app has been updating. 

Current top 5 

1. A Simple Favor 17.4 

2. The Predator 16.9 

3. The Nun 12.6 

4. White Boy Rick 10.6 

5. Crazy Rich Asians 7.1 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

North Shore Cinema update 

——————————————————————

The House with a Clock in its Wall is getting Ultrascreen DLX. Smallfoot may be getting it to cause Clock ends the run the day before and Night School doesn’t have it at all.

Presales for Venom, A Star is Born and Night School are live. Venom is at a slower start than expected, Star is ok and I haven’t checked Night School.

Venom has the Ultrascreen, Star gets Biggest Auditorium 

Fandango Pulse tickets sold from 9/10 to 9/13 for upcoming releases

Movie/Day Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday
Fahrenheit 23 29 40 35
House w/ Clock 92 120 117 137
Life Itself 7 9 13 11

Hell Fest 0 0 1 2
Smallfoot 12 5 12 30
Night School 0 4 10 11

A Star is Born 0 0 720 579
Venom 0 0 1 213

• Like 5

2 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

Fandango Pulse tickets sold from 9/10 to 9/13 for upcoming releases

Movie/Day Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday
Fahrenheit 23 29 40 35
House w/ Clock 92 120 117 137
Life Itself 7 9 13 11

Hell Fest 0 0 1 2
Smallfoot 12 5 12 30
Night School 0 4 10 11

A Star is Born 0 0 720 579
Venom 0 0 1 213

So ASIB really did better than Venom in the beginning? 

6 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Why am I seeing Jurassic Park tickets being sold? Is it playing this weekend? Where? All I see are showtimes for Fallen Kingdom when I look it up. 

There is always some classics movies playing all the time like that.

It is an AMC special event coming up:

https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/jurassic-park-25th-anniversary-57869

At the AMC Quail Springs Mall 24.

The detailled pulse data give you the exact theater of the tickets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonytr87 said:

Why is Fahrenheit tracking so low? 

Figured it could open to 10 mil or so given the last time he went after a president didn't it open to 20 mil? Obviously that was a long time ago, but...

I think people are just sick of getting politics shoved down their throat. 

20 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

I think people are just sick of getting politics shoved down their throat. 

I immediately think someone's an idiot when they peddle this kinda statement. Nobody's shoving anything, they're just talking about, oh you know...the most important things in our lives. 

40 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

I immediately think someone's an idiot when they peddle this kinda statement. Nobody's shoving anything, they're just talking about, oh you know...the most important things in our lives. 

It's more than just talking about when every conversation becomes about it. When my social media feed is flooded with it. When it's shoehorned into our entertainment, etc.