grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

2M would be ok for Stronger but wouldn't put its prospects at expanding beyond 1k theaters well. The PTA would only be $3,478, and by the time it'd hit 1.5k theaters, that'd be below $2,000 in all likelihood. We'll see; hopefully it hits 3M or higher.

Edited by WrathOfHan

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

2M would be ok for Stronger but wouldn't put its prospects at expanding beyond 1k theaters well. The PTA would only be $3,478, and by the time it'd hit 1.5k theaters, that'd be below $2,000 in all likelihood. We'll see; hopefully it hits 3M or higher.

I think they're hoping for as good of a box office total as possible considering this is a Best Actor nomination play at best. Jake's role is definitely the kind that gets random Golden Globe/SAG nominations, whether he makes the Oscar cut is another story.

8 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

I count them for 4 minutes myself and average usually. Sometimes 10min. Never seen the clock..it is lower now than this am though on counts too

The tickets sold flash in the upper right hand corner with a time stamp.  That's the time/clock I use (noting the minutes changing since different time zones).  You can see it re-sets itself as sales go in a time increment loop hat changes throughout the day.

I use it to get a sales per minute avg since as you note sales are slower/heavier different times of the day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn So, despite the fact that Kingsman opens nationwide tomorrow here in PT, my theater only has mother! opening this week :rofl:

Smart move. Meanwhile in Almada, NOS has Kingsman playing in 3 screens :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

If Friend Request makes that much...Entertainment Studios, their powa!

It would need a serious walk up number.  I didn't notice one sale for it while looking at the Fandango meter and I noted while I did note quite a few for the latest Indian wide release and some tickets for Mully - whatever that is...

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It would need a serious walk up number.  I didn't notice one sale for it while looking at the Fandango meter and I noted while I did note quite a few for the latest Indian wide release and some tickets for Mully - whatever that is...

I saw 2 or 3. Not much.

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think they're hoping for as good of a box office total as possible considering this is a Best Actor nomination play at best. Jake's role is definitely the kind that gets random Golden Globe/SAG nominations, whether he makes the Oscar cut is another story.

It's going nowhere without a strong box office result. The last two spots in Actor are fairly competitive this year.

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Smart move. Meanwhile in Almada, NOS has Kingsman playing in 3 screens :ph34r:

Are you gonna do a mother!/Kingsman double feature?

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I think it's going to bomb hard with a sub-1k PTA.

I'm a bit surprised my theater decided to keep THB instead of Wind River because it's been the weakest performer outside of the animated stuff over the past few days. Granted, it'll only have one showing per day, but THB only sells like 3-4 tickets max per showing compared to ~10 for WR.

Edited by WrathOfHan

11 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Is that sarcasm? I know Kingsman isn't a critical darling, but it's gonna play with audiences much better than mother! XD

Of course it is sarcasm. They have American Made in a bigger screen than mother lmao.

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Are you gonna do a mother!/Kingsman double feature?

Likely. Unsure if I will see both in the same day but it is very likely I do.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Of course it is sarcasm. They have American Made in a bigger screen than mother lmao.

Thank God :D Sucks that I have to wait until next week to watch Kingsman (don't care about the reviews), but oh well. Also, good on them. Tom Cruise sells, while [SPOILERS] does not. :ph34r:

I would love to convince my peers to go see Blade Runner 2049 too, but some of them haven't seen the original yet, which sucks.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The tickets sold flash in the upper right hand corner with a time stamp.  That's the time/clock I use (noting the minutes changing since different time zones).  You can see it re-sets itself as sales go in a time increment loop hat changes throughout the day.

I use it to get a sales per minute avg since as you note sales are slower/heavier different times of the day.

Yes, that makes sense.  I always open it fresh in a private tab to avoid getting old looped sales.  Will try your strategy, thanks

20 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Thank God :D Sucks that I have to wait until next week to watch Kingsman (don't care about the reviews), but oh well. Also, good on them. Tom Cruise sells, while [SPOILERS] does not. :ph34r:

I would love to convince my peers to go see Blade Runner 2049 too, but some of them haven't seen the original yet, which sucks.

Time to convince them they can watch the new one without having seen the original. :ph34r:

• Haha 1