grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

1 minute ago, Tinalera said:

Funny haha.....*uncomfortable laugh* not sure about dipping my toe in the water at the moment....sooooo how yt Dora and lost city of gold? 200 mil ow/850 ow ww?😂

>Me when the Dora movie's brought up

1379029429384.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnDr3s said:

Sonic v Dora dawn of flops

Weird really. A movie where theres debate about how an animated creature looks too weirdly real vs a movie wheres theres debate the character should stay animated

Aladdin (2 days before previews, 3 before release)

5/23/19

North Shore Cinema

Mequon, WI 

6:00 - 57/301 - UltraScreen 

6:30 - 4/67

7:00 - 3/151 

9:00 - 23/301 - UltraScreen 

9:30 - 0/67

10:15 - 0/151

148% ahead of Christopher Robin ($62M OW)

93% ahead of Coco ($98.2M OW)

This is a very good jump, should be somewhere around $70M-$90M for the OW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Okay 70-90 is what  seeimg

more of now so it seems to be settling down. 

I said it before but imo a big part of its legs will be do people buy smith as genie vs williams.

Edit: i dont critics having an effect one way or another too much. It will be wom from friends or "ill see for myself" after getting a general read

Edited by Tinalera
More info

30 minutes ago, Tinalera said:

Funny haha.....*uncomfortable laugh* not sure about dipping my toe in the water at the moment....sooooo how yt Dora and lost city of gold? 200 mil ow/850 ow ww?😂

I’m still in the boat that Dora is going to do surprisingly great. It’ll finish ~300M WW in my opinion

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

God.

@Mulder pls forgive me lol

Your Godzilla avatar was very appropriate for that post. ;)

30 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

@Porthos, People are talking shit about Dora?  Should we alert Tele or let the old man be?

Let the old man be. Awakening Antediluvians from Torpor early can be risky business after all. :ohmyzod:

(I'll stop with all of the Off topic posts now :ph34r:)

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Mulder said:

Maybe I was weird but when I was growing up Aladdin was always one of the 'girl' Disney movies because it was about a princess, I know I heard it was sold more for boys in the 90s, but at least in the 2000s it was sold as more for girls.

The romance between Aladdin and Jasmine was the least interesting part of Aladdin when I watched it as a young lad. I was all about the Genie, Jafar and the Cave of Wonders, that's what made it a 'boys' Disney movie for me. Same goes for Hercules except Meg was a way more entertaining character than Jasmine but she gets nowhere near as much merch. 

Edited by Galactic Specter

23 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Whole new world confirmed.  

17 PT 5/20/19 (End of Mon)   

1	38.3%	John Wick:Chapter 3 - Parabellum
2	16.1%	Avengers: Endgame
3	11.5%	Pokémon Detective Pikachu
4	11.1%	Aladdin
5	3.5%    A Dog’s Journey   

Juuuuust missed #3 there. Wick is enjoying its “adult skewing movie on a weekday” status to move from 4/3rds of Endgame to over 7/3rds of Endgame.

Jesus, what happened here. Just going to do my business and duck back in tomorrow.  

17 PT 5/21/19 (End of Tues)   

1	35.3%	John Wick:Chapter 3 - Parabellum
2	15.6%	Avengers: Endgame
3	13.7%	Pokémon Detective Pikachu
4	9.1%	Aladdin
5	4.5%    The Hustle   

Pika Pika predictably looking to have a bit more bounce than JW and AEG, which had really good Mondays. I know it’s discount Tues, but I was really hoping/expecting more from Aladdin. Should be an easy 2nd place tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There were defnitely a lot of boy things. Cave of wonders abu(?) the monkey, Iago, genie, aladdin. Jasmine was certainly there for the girls and the romance and the whole "let me decide my life" theme.  ( andyes there were girls who wanted aladdin adventure and boys who connected with jasmine) worked for both sides very well

Edited by Tinalera
More info
  • Like 1