grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Any of the Ingrid Goes West/Wind River/Good Time trio expanding to over 1500 theaters in the next 3 weeks?

Because, yeah, I'm not seeing any way for The Hitman's Bodyguard to leave the #1 spot in the next 3 weekends, unless one of those goes wide or one of the releases on the 25th breaks out big. And I'm not seeing Leap doing much better than The Nut Job 2, so....... that leaves Birth Of The Dragon and All Saints? Oh God.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

27 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Any of the Ingrid Goes West/Wind River/Good Time trio expanding to over 1500 theaters in the next 3 weeks?

Because, yeah, I'm not seeing any way for The Hitman's Bodyguard to leave the #1 spot in the next 3 weekends, unless one of those goes wide or one of the releases on the 25th breaks out big. And I'm not seeing Leap doing much better than The Nut Job 2, so....... that leaves Birth Of The Dragon and All Saints? Oh God.

There's supposed to be an expansion for Ingrid and Good Time on August 25th last I heard. I also think Wind River will add a few more hundred theaters as well.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

HOPEFULLY. PLEASE.

29 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I don't even know what Weinstein is doing anymore :lol: Leap has showings on Saturday and Sunday, and Tulip Fever is now going "wide" on September 1. Birth of the Dragon is only in 700 theaters and All Saints in 1k. The latter isn't going to do anything noteworthy; as I said last night, it hasn't sold ANYTHING at my theater, and Case for Christ sold a lot of tickets several weeks in advance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I don't even know what Weinstein is doing anymore :lol: Leap has showings on Saturday and Sunday, and Tulip Fever is now going "wide" on September 1. Birth of the Dragon is only in 700 theaters and All Saints in 1k. The latter isn't going to do anything noteworthy; as I said last night, it hasn't sold ANYTHING at my theater, and Case for Christ sold a lot of tickets several weeks in advance.

Weinstein has too much going on. I think Wind River is their best bet, and I guess Leap has an open market until Ninjago and it isn't a bad movie from what I have read. Tulip Fever is gonna be a 1,000 theaters dump, tho.

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

Weinstein has too much going on. I think Wind River is their best bet, and I guess Leap has an open market until Ninjago and it isn't a bad movie from what I have read. Tulip Fever is gonna be a 1,000 theaters dump, tho.

Tulip Fever going "wide" has me veeeeeeeeeery worried about Wind River. Hopefully that only goes in 600-700 theaters.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Tulip Fever going "wide" has me veeeeeeeeeery worried about Wind River. Hopefully that only goes in 600-700 theaters.

Weinstein will do another Founder/Gold type of move. It will fuck up the appealing movie with potential only to give the push to the bomb looking one.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

HOPEFULLY. PLEASE.

Sooooooo... unless Ingrid or maybe Good Time go wide, since WR is gonna get fucked in the ass Gold/Founder-style by Tulip Fever, Hitman's Bodyguard to threepeat at #1, right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Sooooooo... unless Ingrid or maybe Good Time go wide, since WR is gonna get fucked in the ass Gold/Founder-style by Tulip Fever, Hitman's Bodyguard to threepeat at #1, right?

There is another.....

k3kuco0iq3orxixm9vse.gif

2 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

I'm almost expecting the Close Encounters re-release to open at #1 on the September 1 weekend.

The Lionsgate Pantelion movie will win that weekend.

12 minutes ago, That Floating Guy said:

Nah, that's opening in like 300 theaters.  Close Encounters will have 800 theaters at least.

Close Encounters will do like 2-3M lol.

These Pantelion movies always open well in limited amount of screens.

My mom and I will see the T2 rerelease for sure.  No way around it.

37 minutes ago, Nova said:

I have no idea what opens after this weekend until IT. 

All Saints, Birth of the Dragon, Leap!!!!!!!!!, Untitled Cyber-Thriller 2 3D, the long awaited reteaming between DeHaan and Delevingne (Tulip Fever), a generic Lionsgate Premiere action flick (Unlocked), Close Encounters re-release, and a Pantelion flick that will open in 1st or 2nd place and people on the weekend thread will be baffled and be like "WTF WHERE DID THIS COME FROM."

@That Floating Guy I don't blame you. Why watch a shitty original when you can just watch one of the greatest movies maybe of all time... IN 3D??????!!!!!!!!!!

(3D actually sucks balls, but it's still Terminator 2)

Although it would be great that the Force balanced itself by having another Untitled Cyberthriller debacle after Wonder Woman > Spider-Man when it comes to Tele clubs.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

I think worst case scenario, HB plays like Cop Out (18/44) best case would be something crazy like the other 2010 buddy cop "The Other Guys" 35/119.

Thinking it will be about halfway between the two. Reviews seem slightly closer to Other Guys, but still pretty middle of the road, so I'll say 24/80, just slightly closer to Cop Out.