grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

27 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

It is about 20% of Fandango sales now on box office meter..huge jump this am.  Think it may do better than tracking for sure...

You are right. It's currently at number 2 on Fandango pulse. 

Not that it's saying much given the state of the BO but it's there lol 

23 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Today is the $4 T-Mobile ticket for Hitman's Bodyguard on Atom...so Atom-selling theaters should see a big jump in ticket presales today.  So, I wouldn't read too much into the jump unless it keeps up the pace the rest of the week...

Before the sales, my Atom selling theater for HB is at 8 seats sold for Thursday (LL is still 5)...I'll report how well the sale did tomorrow morning...

After the Atom sale effects...the theater also gave 2 Dolby showings to HB, so it now has about 1100ish seats for sales vs LL 600ish...

HB - 22

LL - 5 (yes, this hasn't moved)

PS - Fri got much more of a bump in sales than Thursday - there are more than 22 seats sold just for 1 showing Friday

Now, my locals (1 Atom, 1 not)...both only started sales yesterday - shows probably a partial Atom effect

Atom local

HB - 340 seats over 2 shows - 48

LL - 150 seats over 2 shows - 4

Non-Atom local

HB - 220 over 2 shows - 2

LL - 120 over 2 shows - 0

• Thanks 1

Deep Wang Updates:

- Hitman's Bodyguard is about 20% below Dark Tower at the same point. However a couple of things to note is that Dark Tower had the King fanbase, but THB sales went up yesterday thanks to the Atom Tickets deal. I'm thinking it will be like Apes where thanks to the T-Mobile deal, the Tuesday number won't double by Thursday like it should.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Deep Wang Updates:

- Hitman's Bodyguard is about 20% below Dark Tower at the same point. However a couple of things to note is that Dark Tower had the King fanbase, but THB sales went up yesterday thanks to the Atom Tickets deal. I'm thinking it will be like Apes where thanks to the T-Mobile deal, the Tuesday number won't double by Thursday like it should.

So $14-15m OW is looking likely?

I still think that pre-sales aren't the factor worth looking into when talking about THB. This is a walkup movie if there ever was one. If wom catches on about the chemistry and humor between the two leads - the reason anyone would go to this movie to begin with - I'm expecting breakout numbers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Deep Wang Updates:

So the $18M range that it's tracking for is probably good for it. If it goes up or down from that, I think will depend on the kind of WOM it gets. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

So $14-15m OW is looking likely?

I'd say an opening around where Dark Tower is. THB is going to be more walk up driven just because it's a comedy and because it doesn't really have a fanbase for it.

I mean unless THB gets horrendous WOM and collapses throughout the weekend, i would say it's good for $18M+ if not $20M+.

• Like 1

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/the-hitmans-bodyguard-tops-studios-tv-ad-spending-1202527283/

Nutty number for Nutty.

WB kept it very frugal (by their standards) for Annabelle

Logan Lucky - looks to wind up with a lower ad spend than Glass Castle and spending about 1/3rd of  HB

Top Movie Commercials by Weekly TV Spend

Data provided by iSpot.tv

$5.75M – The Hitman’s Bodyguard

Impressions: 330,188,590

Attention Score: 91.41

National Airings: 1,199

Est. Lifetime TV Spend: $12.35M

Studio: Lionsgate

Started Airing: 07/22/17

$3.62M – Annabelle: Creation

Impressions: 268,866,232

Attention Score: 93.19

National Airings: 1,364

Est. Lifetime TV Spend: $13.6M

Studio: Warner Bros.

Started Airing: 06/25/17

$3.23M – The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature

Impressions: 320,257,277

Attention Score: 92.18

National Airings: 2,156

Est. Lifetime TV Spend: $22.78M

Studio: Open Road Films

Started Airing: 01/16/17

$2.76M – The Glass Castle

Impressions: 194,679,861

Attention Score: 90.86

National Airings: 599

Est. Lifetime TV Spend: $7.93M

Studio: Lionsgate

Started Airing: 07/24/17

$1.64M – Logan Lucky

Impressions: 112,645,383

Attention Score: 91.94

National Airings: 319

Est. Lifetime TV Spend: $4.59M

Studio: Bleecker Street Media

Started Airing: 05/28/17

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Nova said:

I'd say an opening around where Dark Tower is. THB is going to be more walk up driven just because it's a comedy and because it doesn't really have a fanbase for it.

I mean unless THB gets horrendous WOM and collapses throughout the weekend, i would say it's good for $18M+ if not $20M+.

But it's also being boosted by Atom Tickets.  DT wasn't that front loaded with 2.48 w/e - probably due it's older skewing fan base

According to Variety - Lionsgate is projecting $15m

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

But it's also being boosted by Atom Tickets.  DT wasn't that front loaded with 2.48 w/e - probably due it's older skewing fan base

According to Variety - Lionsgate is projecting $15m

Yea but a studio always projects lower so it makes it seem like their movie is doing better. 

THB has been in the top 5 of Pulse all day. I don't see it falling short of The Dark Tower by over $4M unless like I mentioned in my other post, it gets really bad WOM. 

Edited by Nova

35 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Deep Wang Updates:

This makes sense. I was wondering if that was the reason why it surged so much last night. I had it at just over half AB on Monday at the same point but then it was almost even with it last night. I'm curious for tonight's count on Pulse.

I probably jumped the gun with my 12M prediction on Monday so I'm probably gonna stick with my original 15M predict in the derby, give or take a bit depending on tonight and tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yea but a studio always projects lower so it makes it seem like their movie is doing better. 

THB has been in the top 5 of Pulse all day. I don't see it falling short of The Dark Tower by over $4M unless like I mentioned in my other post, it gets really bad WOM. 

The top 5 on Pulse is currently nothing to write home about - the 5th movie is doing about 800k today. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The top 5 on Pulse is currently nothing to write home about - the 5th movie is doing about 800k today. 

Of course it's not. But it's on there, is it not? 

And take into consideration that the Atom Tickets deal can be used on any ticket purchase from now until the 21st. 

I would say that it's doing solid presales wise for a movie that had like none just last week and isn't a movie that would rely on presales to begin with.