kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals: 36.2 M ALIEN: COVENANT | 34.7 M GOTG II | 11.7 M EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

I've been fairly bearish on Pirates, but 65 million seems doable given tracking and solid reactions. Depp really hurts it but otherwise this franchise was bigger at its lowest point than X-Men ever was at its highest, for what that's worth. Also, marketing has been everywhere compared to X-Men. Apocalypse just had zero buzz, and I feel people are ready for another Pirates movie. I could see a solid breakout if Depp wasn't such a shitty toxic asshole in the lead. I think it does about 72 for the three day.

Ilf people are still interested in POTC it's because of Depp's portrayal of Jack Sparrow. Without him this franchise would be doing 120m at most.

Edited by Goffe

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I'm still not overly excited for WW despite the positive reactions. I need to hear from people like Ehrlich first before I start getting pumped.

It's between that and Baby Driver for my 5th spot and I gave the slight edge to WW just because I'm beyond ready for a DC movie that doesn't suck.

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I guess I should just rank ones I'm definitely seeing or might see in theaters...

1. Wonder Woman

2. Baywatch (tickets bought for OW)

3. Spidey

4. Despicable Me 3 (for the kids) (1st 4, we will 100% see in the theaters - Baywatch the only one as a date night, and not a family event)

5. Rough Night (this could be a Moms Night Out event for me)

6. Emoji Movie (depending on previews, this could make our list)

7. Captain Underpants (same as above)

8. Review dependent - I probably want one more summer date night movie (to fit around a few trivia night and free concert dates) 

a. Baby Driver looked insane enough for me, but would have to convince spouse

b. Dunkirk might fit his wheelhouse...

c. Valerian might also fit his desires...

Kids have said no to Cars 3 (take that for what you want - they saw the 1st 2 and the awful Planes)...they are undecided on Emoji and CU, but are yeses for Wonder Woman, Spidey, and DM 3 (with DM 3 the boys top choice and WW the girls top choice)...

I will say, ticket deals will bring us into more movies and vice versa...for BOGOs, I'd probably take the kids to a "possible" movie like Emoji or CU, while without them, I'd probably wait for $2/Tuesday at our 2nd run (since the kids won't care as much about OW or 2 months later as long as there is popcorn...and we might have Smurfs 2nd run to tide us over, since we skipped it 1st run:)...

Same for the grown up movies - I'd probably buy every possible movie up there if I get a BOGO...it's easier to toss away $15 than $30 on a movie:)...makes free concerts in the buggy heat less appealing than comfort in air-conditioning:)...

• Like 1

I didn't get into the theaters a lot this Spring, so I am going to have to redbox a lot of those movies that I'm interested in during June.  Whenever I go to the theaters, I pretty much never buy concessions.  I'll usually sneak in a bottle of water.  Saves me money to either buy more tickets later or just save the money in general.

When I come home and go with my dad, we'll get concessions (he's pretty insistent on that)

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1

Anyways, Alien is locked for two BOFFYs: Best Villain and Most Disappointing Run.

4 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I didn't get into the theaters a lot this Spring, so I am going to have to redbox a lot of those movies that I'm interested in during June.  Whenever I go to the theaters, I pretty much never buy concessions.  I'll usually sneak in a bottle of water.  Saves me money to either buy more tickets later or just save the money in general.

When I come home and go with my dad, we'll get concessions (he's pretty insistent on that)

Having Invisalign has stopped me from buying concessions often. If I get something, it'll be a drink. I haven't attempted popcorn yet because I don't want kernels stuck in my teeth and have my trays in for 1.5-2 hours with food lodged in there.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Adding up the tickets for myself personally this year, I've spent about $163.10 for tickets alone across 19 films :jeb!: 

I'm behind heading to movies...

Last year, by this time, I'd done Zootopia, Cap 3, Deadpool, and Angry Birds by now (all 1st run)...

This year, I've done Lego Batman and Power Rangers 1st run (had Beauty and The Beast cheap 1st run tix, but family turned them down - I probably had the only family to do that, but they take after me in wanting newness:)...but I'm gonna catch up with Baywatch next weekend and Wonder Woman after that...

We tend to average 10-12 1st run movies a year (some date night, some family), but very few that I don't get some sort of deal on...when you usually gotta buy for a group and you already have Netflix, Amazon, and a 2nd run $2 theater, it's gotta be something special or something cheap to bring me out:)...

1 minute ago, Robertman2 & Knuckles said:

Wonder Woman, Spidey, Dunkirk, Captain Underpants, and Michael Bay's newest masterpiece are all I care about

That's pretty sad tbh 

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'm behind heading to movies...

Last year, by this time, I'd done Zootopia, Cap 3, Deadpool, and Angry Birds by now (all 1st run)...

This year, I've done Lego Batman and Power Rangers 1st run (had Beauty and The Beast cheap 1st run tix, but family turned them down - I probably had the only family to do that, but they take after me in wanting newness:)...but I'm gonna catch up with Baywatch next weekend and Wonder Woman after that...

We tend to average 10-12 1st run movies a year (some date night, some family), but very few that I don't get some sort of deal on...when you usually gotta buy for a group and you already have Netflix, Amazon, and a 2nd run $2 theater, it's gotta be something special or something cheap to bring me out:)...

Last year I saw 12 movies. At this time last year, I was at 5 movies. I've nearly quadrupled that time period and will have double the films seen by mid-June :jeb!: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's pretty sad tbh 

Last year I saw 12 movies. At this time last year, I was at 5 movies. I've nearly quadrupled that time period and will have double the films seen by mid-June :jeb!: 

Valerian looks generic as hell, don't care about Pirates, Baywatch, Cars or Apes, Emoji Movie deserves to bomb, I doubt my theater gets Atomic Blonde or It Comes at Night, lol at Mummy and I dunno about DM3 yet

1 minute ago, Robertman2 & Knuckles said:

Valerian looks generic as hell, don't care about Pirates, Baywatch, Cars or Apes, Emoji Movie deserves to bomb, I doubt my theater gets Atomic Blonde or It Comes at Night, lol at Mummy and I dunno about DM3 yet

How many screens does your theater have?

I'm really not that excited for these summer movies. These are the top 5 on my list that I'll have to choose between because I'll probably only go to the movies once. 

1) war for the planet of the apes

2) valerian and the city of a thousand planets

3) detriot

4) all eyes on me

5) the Beguiled

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Ilf people are still interested in POTC it's because of Depp's portrayal of Jack Sparrow. Without him this franchise would be doing 120m at most.

I'm interested because of Legolas and maybe his son.  I didn't see any but 1 and 2.

19 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm still not overly excited for WW despite the positive reactions, especially considering EC and BOZ weren't too hot on it. I need to hear from people like Ehrlich first before I start getting pumped.

Yeah, I'm open to WW but I want to hear something more concrete from people I know.

Weirdly, the only films this summer that I can say I am wholeheartedly looking forward to are Spidey and Dunkirk.  I have hopes for Valerian and Wonder Woman and am crossing my fingers for King Arthur which I will probably see just because I've already seen Guardians, nothing is out, and I've always loved King Arthur.  I know very little about Rough Night or Menashe (and whether it will even have English subtitles since I don't speak Yiddish) but if I hear they're good I'll likely see them.

Really, the summer isn't looking that great, film wise, to me.

• Like 3

Personally, I think this summer has some great looking smaller films coming out. The blockbuster fare isn't interesting me as much, so although August looks barren for the box office, many good looking movies are releasing that month.

4 minutes ago, Robertman2 & Knuckles said:

9. It's in the middle of nowhere though.

Atomic Blonde is probably hitting 3k theaters, so it might be wide enough to reach your area. My 12 screen theater gets pretty much any movie that's in 1,500+ theaters and gets small stuff like Nocturnal Animals and Moonlight during off periods.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Atomic Blonde is probably hitting 3k theaters, so it might be wide enough to reach your area. My 12 screen theater gets pretty much any movie that's in 1,500+ theaters and gets small stuff like Nocturnal Animals and Moonlight during off periods.

Well, then I'm excited for Atomic Blonde too