kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals: 36.2 M ALIEN: COVENANT | 34.7 M GOTG II | 11.7 M EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING

2 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

You guys are saying this now. I said it when it was announced. 

Difference is we don't say everything fox does is bad, then claim righteousness whoever we happen to be correct

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

You guys are saying this now. I said it when it was announced. 

I think I said it back when it was announced, but since I am not sure nor really care, I am not going to bother searching for it.

21 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

The real disappointment will be when Transformers 5 opens. Most people weren't expecting Covenant to hit Prometheus level.

People are expecting TF5 to make like $180 million and I don't think I see anyone saying it'll do any better than TF4. Expectations are pretty low, so anything over $150 million are alright for TF5.

15 minutes ago, babz06 said:

im scared for this summer, I feel like it's 2014 redux.

I think having so many event movies in the first third of the year kinda staved off excitement for the summer movies. Probably doesn't help that so many of this summer's supposed blockbusters have a "been there, done yet" feeling thanks to so many sequels and reboots.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

@DAJK Have you converted Alien:C's gross at your theater into dom using your formula? Just curious!

Yea, I mentioned it last night but literally everything bombed here last night. King Arthur and snatched fell by 70% each, Guardians had a bad drop too. Basically, just nobody went to the movies so that means my conversions become obsolete here cause both openers will probably rebound over the weekend (I hope... cause I want my shifts to be longer = more $$)

EE 2.9M

Alien

4.9M

:rofl: 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Looks like Everything, Everything isn't going to be frontloaded like Paper Towns was. Nice rebound from Friday previews.

Alien Convenant unspectacular numbers. Should have left it in August, the competition coming up is fierce.

im scared for this summer, I feel like it's 2014 redux.

The irony of that is that Guardians V2 could also win the Summer on an over 300M, under 400M result... just like the original won 2014 (difference being that this movie starts the Summer rather than ending it in August).

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Yea, I mentioned it last night but literally everything bombed here last night. King Arthur and snatched fell by 70% each, Guardians had a bad drop too. Basically, just nobody went to the movies so that means my conversions become obsolete here cause both openers will probably rebound over the weekend (I hope... cause I want my shifts to be longer = more $$)

EE 2.9M

Alien

Hide contents

4.9M

:rofl: 

That's close to the preview number :)

1 minute ago, Alli said:

Summer looks dire. pirates, baywatch are next to disappoint.  Only megahit will be WW   and maybe dunkirk will do solid business if its good

pro.BO released their long-range forecast (which may not be super-legit but good for seeing trends) and they left POTC5 unchanged from their 68 3-day. I do not like that.

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

Summer looks dire. pirates, baywatch are next to disappoint.  Only megahit will be WW   and maybe dunkirk will do solid business if its good

lol Despicable Me 3 will destroy Dunkirk.  Dunkirk isn't even locked for 100m

• Like 5

Just now, John Marston said:

lol Despicable Me 3 will destroy Dunkirk.  Dunkirk isn't even locked for 100m

ah yeah...i don't watch animation so i didn't count it lol.