kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals: 36.2 M ALIEN: COVENANT | 34.7 M GOTG II | 11.7 M EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

That's close to the preview number :)

I know holy shit :lol: I showed up like half hour early for EE last night not wanting to get stuck in lines for alien or guardians crowds, but there were hardly any crowds at all. For anything really :(

• Like 1

I saw Alien Covenant last night. I really didn't care much for it. I saw a lot of confused looks on the audiences faces as we were all getting up to leave. Which leads me to believe the Wom is going to be mixed at best. I had more questions coming out of this movie than Prometheus. I don't want to spoil anything, but there was really no further progression of this storyline. Whereas compared to Prometheus, I enjoyed it more bc it answered a few questions and left you wanting more. Alien Covenant only left more questions. 

I give it 2.5/5.0

37 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Prometheus had a pretty big Saturday drop (with midnights instead of previews), and Alien is under GOTG on Pulse today (which is looking at around 14-15m today), which indicates a pretty heavy drop from Friday.

40m+ just seems to optimistic now.

Prometheus open in the dead middle of the summer. This one is opening when people are still in school and work. There won't be as many people seeing it on Friday night. I don't think there's any way this dropped as much as Prometheus.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

I saw Alien Covenant last night. I really didn't care much for it. I saw a lot of confused looks on the audiences faces as we were all getting up to leave. Which leads me to believe the Wom is going to be mixed at best. I had more questions coming out of this movie than Prometheus. I don't want to spoil anything, but there was really no further progression of this storyline. Whereas compared to Prometheus, I enjoyed it more bc it answered a few questions and left you wanting more. Alien Covenant only left more questions. 

I give it 2.5/5.0

Exactly what questions were left unanswered? Pretty much everything gets explained IMO.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, a2knet said:

pro.BO released their long-range forecast (which may not be super-legit but good for seeing trends) and they left POTC5 unchanged from their 68 3-day. I do not like that.

You have to ignore Alli. Everything is going to bomb according to her/him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Exactly what questions were left unanswered? Pretty much everything gets explained IMO.

True, but Alien Covenant left a lot more questions coming out of it. We could see atleast 3 more of these movies before we get a tie in to Alien. Aliens is still my favorite.

I think that with BATB and Star Wars locked, and Thor/Justice League gaining traction, there's a not bad at all chance that only one movie from this summer makes it into the top five domestic for this year. However, I think Wonder Woman beats Justice League and Thor, and I think that on a good day Spider-Man can challenge both of those, too. It's not a great summer box office wise, but it has bigger stuff near the top than 2014 and is probably deeper than 2015 IMO which had some huge breakouts but also tons of misses. We'll see quality wise, though. 2014 was pretty bad at the box office but absolutely rocked quality wise, best summer in ages. 

If these movies are good then the BO will take care of itself.  Signs are pointing towards that for WW.  Pirates sounds like it's a lot better than previous installments. 

I'm not particularly bullish on Pirates or Baywatch but I think they will do better than the wretched Apocalypse/Alice combo from last year, and obviously Tomorrowland/Poltergeist. Will probably be the best Memorial Day for new releases since 2013. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

True, but Alien Covenant left a lot more questions coming out of it. We could see atleast 3 more of these movies before we get a tie in to Alien. Aliens is still my favorite.

That's a good thing because it only makes me excited to see where the next film goes.

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I think that with BATB and Star Wars locked, and Thor/Justice League gaining traction, there's a not bad at all chance that only one movie from this summer makes it into the top five domestic for this year. However, I think Wonder Woman beats Justice League and Thor, and I think that on a good day Spider-Man can challenge both of those, too. It's not a great summer box office wise, but it has bigger stuff near the top than 2014 and is probably deeper than 2015 IMO which had some huge breakouts but also tons of misses. We'll see quality wise, though. 2014 was pretty bad at the box office but absolutely rocked quality wise, best summer in ages. 

So far this hasn't been a feast or famine year like 2015 and 2016, but I feel a lot less confident in many movies' runs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's a good thing because it only makes me excited to see where the next film goes.

So far this hasn't been a feast or famine year like 2015 and 2016, but I feel a lot less confident in many movies' runs.

To me I just think that it's a very predictable summer outside of a couple of movies. We know exactly what kind of numbers big things like DM3 and Apes will do, and more middling things like Pirates, Cars, and Transformers have a very predictable range. Dunkirk and Valerian and stuff look good but they don't scream hits. GOTG and Alien fell exactly where I predicted they would and they did so for most people. The only movies with breakout/breakdown potential on either end are Wonder Woman, Spidey, Mummy, and Dark Tower, and at this point it looks like Wonder Woman is going to be the big breakout and Dark Tower is going to be the big flop. So really, Mummy and Spider-Man are the only two giving me any real trouble. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Spoiler

There is an Alien Queen on the wall in Prometheus. If David created the perfect Alien Xenomorph, how are there draws of it in the walls in Prometheus?

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I'm not particularly bullish on Pirates or Baywatch but I think they will do better than the wretched Apocalypse/Alice combo from last year, and obviously Tomorrowland/Poltergeist. Will probably be the best Memorial Day for new releases since 2013. 

Pirates will do less than Apocalypse, IMO, but Baywatch will give 2017 the victory over 2016 because I am expecting much better numbers from it than what Alice did.

I have my doubts about Baywatch hitting 30M for the five day. Previews are in 4 days, and presales are absolute shit. Blah blah blah, it's a comedy!, but the low presales aren't encouraging in the slightest. Right now I'm predicting 35M (5 day).

1 minute ago, CJohn said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Pirates will do less than Apocalypse, IMO, but Baywatch will give 2017 the victory over 2016 because I am expecting much better numbers from it than what Alice did.

Really? I have to say I'm not really feeling big things for it at all. The Rock's appeal only goes so far.

Just now, filmlover said:

Really? I have to say I'm not really feeling big things for it at all. The Rock's appeal only goes so far.

Alice only did 33M 4 day OW. I think Baywatch can do 40M in the 4 day.